Help

Visual & Performing Arts

Art Classroom ideas

>

jillywilly75

Art Classroom ideas
Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I would love to hear of any ideas you have for decorating your art classrooms.

jillywilly75 is offline   Reply With Quote

MsPate

Art Room Decor
Old 07-16-2007, 06:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Last year I had to teach both art and music, so I had to do a lot of decorating in a little time. I got three different colors of poster board and cut one letter of the word ART out of each posterboard. Then, I did different art techniques on each letter. For example, I decoupaged different colors of tissue paper onto the T, did some yarn art on the A, and sponge painted the R. Then, I put black paper on my door and hung the letters on my door. It was awesome and everyone commented on how beautiful it looked.

I had one long bulletin board in the back of the room, so I put some star border around it, made some little things that looked like spotlights shining down on the board and made a banner that said "Spotlight Art." This is where I hung up some of the work the kids had done.

I was very fortunate to have attended an Arkansas History workshop during the summer and they handed out some posters. I got enough for both classrooms and hung those up because the artwork on those posters was amazing, colorful and done by Arkansans.

Our school just had a huge Literacy makeover thing, so I had to join in on the reading fun last year. I created a bulletin board about "Artists as Authors" and every year featured a new artist who also writes his/her books. Tomie de Paola was the first, then Chris Van Allsbur, Leo Lionni, Stan and Jan Berenstein, etc.

Good luck...and happy decorating.
MsPate is offline   Reply With Quote

jillywilly75

Thanks MsPate
Old 08-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the good ideas. It always helps to hear others' ideas! Hope you have a good school year.
jillywilly75 is offline   Reply With Quote