BusyBoard

Khan Academy Mappers

>

Teacherbee_4

Khan Academy Mappers
Old 10-29-2019, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Two questions:

1. I'd like to create Khan Academy Mappers accounts for my students (obviously based on their MAP scores). I know there is a Khan Academy Mappers for math. Is there anything in Khan Academy based on their MAP scores for Reading or Language Arts? Or do you of a free online program that uses MAP reading or Language Arts scores for leveled practice?

2. There are so many technology based websites that allow kids to practice skills. How do you manage using these? I feel like there are so many options, free and paid. We have a paid version of IXL and raz-Kids already. Then there are free sites/programs. Some I like better than the paid ones we have, but I feel like I have to use the paid ones since the school is paying money for them. As an adult, I am overwhelmed by the choices. I can't imagine how a young elementary kid feels, even when given a choice of which one to do. I also set goals for my kids and celebrate (just orally) those who meet them. Those goals are based on the program, like IXL medals, etc. With all sorts of programs, I don't know how I'd manage that. It's too much...but I want to give students a choice! I'd rather they use something regularly that they enjoy/find helpful than to only be given 1 option and not use that as much because they don't like it. I hope this makes sense...there are just so many programs out there!

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote