Help

Private Schools

All Saints Day Project/Report

>

Lynn3rdGrade

All Saints Day Project/Report
Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any ideas for an All Saints Day Report or Project. I would like to do something with my third grade class in November, but I'm not sure what to do. They are pretty low readers.

Lynn3rdGrade is offline   Reply With Quote

yowz

trading cards
Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

what about making Saint "trading cards?" In my old school the fifth graders picked a saint, researched the saint, dressed as teh Saint and shared a fact about the saint. Then they created prayer cards/trading cards that included the info they found and a picture of them dressed as the saint.

Otherwise, I recently read "Close Encounters of the third grade kind," by Phil Done and in it he wrote of a project that I can't wait to try called Wax Museum. In it, the students researched a famous someone from history (ie Lincoln, Shirley Temple, Jackie Robinson). On was museum day, the kids came in dressed up as their "character" with a green "button" attached. They each got a spot and froze until someone pushed their button. When that happened, the person came to life as the character and shared info they discovered as the character. Perhaps something like that would work, using Saints!
yowz is offline   Reply With Quote