Who has one? No
Wants one? I do but I am scared of the pain
Regrets getting one?
Has one their parents has never seen?

TeachK

I don't
Old 02-25-2008, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't have one, and have no desire to get one. But I must say, so many people have them. When done right they look o.k.

RAD

tatoo
Old 02-25-2008, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't have one and never will. I think they look dirty (as in "didn't you wash?"). I can't for the life of me understand why someone would spend money on something so dumb.
OK, I know many of you will disagree with me, and that's fine. Afterall, it's just my opinion and you have a right to yours

jsfowler

Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Here's my opinion...this is a light-hearted discussion and you are a perfect example of people who should not post unless they have something constructive to say. I feel sorry for you...you must be a sad, angry person.

Anyway...I do not have a tatoo but would like to get one. I just haven't found the perfect one yet. I don't want to get something that symbolizes a "fad" in my life because this will be there forever!

kutia

Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've got one. No regrets, it is just something I did when I was 18. A small bumblebee. I've thought about getting another one, but probably won't. I can't decide on the design I would like best.

teachnlots

tattoo~no way
Old 02-25-2008, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I do not have or want one. I always think how would it look on me when I'm 80??? Not good, that's what I say!!!

EeyoreTeach

Old 02-25-2008, 02:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I always said that I would never get one, but I did. For my 25th birthday my friend took me to the tattoo shop and I got a small tattoo on my lower back. It is a 4 leaf clover that is about as wide as a quarter. I really like it I do not regret getting it. My parents have never seen it and I plan to keep it that way...my mom does not approve of them and I do not want to hurt her feelings like that.

hkinner

Old 02-25-2008, 02:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have one on my lower back and got it when I was 18. I wish that it was a little smaller, but I do love it. When I was 20 I decided to get a little one around the bigger one and I fainted. I never want to get one again...well maybe a small one. Yes my parents say it and they were ok with it....it is my body.

teachnkids

Old 02-25-2008, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Not me and this is something I will say NEVER about. OUCH! I'm not up for pain! I do think a tastefully done one that is small is ok, but I see too many people with their bodies junked up with tattoos that are either large or all over the place!

tammynj

Old 02-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

*I do not have a tattoo.
*I was very close to getting one in my mid 20s but didn't (got a belly-button ring instead!).
*I think I am just past that age group when it became very trendy to have a tattoo.
*Several of my friends have a tattoo. My two sisters and two brothers (all at least 6 yrs younger than me) have at least one tattoo. The brother closest in age to me (now deceased) did not have one.
*I do not want a tattoo and do not regret NOT having one. However, if I did have one, I don't think I would regret it.
* Some of my friends regret their tattoo. (One of my best friends married another good friend's brother. My friend (the sister of the groom) was in the wedding party with us; the first time her (elderly) parents knew she had a tattoo was when she walked down the aisle in the off the shoulder bridesmaid's dress during the wedding ceremony!)

ccteacher

Have had one for 5 years & still love it!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I wanted a tattoo for about 2 years before I actually got one. It took me that long to pick a design. I knew I wanted original artwork and not something that I picked off of a board in the shop. I finally got one that symbolizes a very special memory in my life - a gorgeous and intricate snowflake in swirls of teal, blue, and gold. It is on my lower back (I know - now they're called a "tramp stamp" when you get them there). But, the reason I got it there is because I got it right before my first year of teaching and I wanted it to be somewhere that I could ALWAYS cover it up. I got my tattoo for ME, and I didn't feel like I needed anyone else to see it. (Other than hubby, of course!) I'm still really happy with it and I think I always will be - it hasn't changed with pregnancy or weight gain/loss. My parents know I have it - actually they both have tattoos too. My mom's was a 40th bday gift from my dad, and his was her retirement gift to him. (He is a firefighter and has a really nice tattoo commemorating his years of service on his bicep.)

myhobby

for me? don't know
Old 02-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I always THOUGHT I would never want one and couldn't figure out why anyone would. Now I'm not so sure. I'm 48, a pain wimp, etc., etc. I suppose if I found the right tattoo I might consider a small one somewhere that was just for me to see.

freckleface

Tatoos
Old 02-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

No tattoos, don't want any, never will get one. I always think of those people covered in tattoos and wonder how the tattoos will look when they get old and everything starts to sag. Not good, I wouldn't think.

de'anna

tatoo
Old 02-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Have one? No

Want one? No. I was watching the basketball game with my hubby the other day, and looking at the guys with their tatoos, they just look dirty.

Regret it? N/A but my sister who is now 38, regrets hers.

BBacon, if you ever get yours, enjoy!

knamom

thought about it
Old 02-25-2008, 03:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I've thought about it, but when I was in high school I saw a 70+ year old lady getting dressed in a locker room (YMCA) and she had a tattoo on her upper breast area and it had REALLY become stretched out. YUCK! I know there are plenty of "safe" places to put them so they don't stretch, but now a days I think it is almost a novelty to not have one.
tat

tat

yes I do
Old 02-25-2008, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Yeah I have a star on my wrist. I wear I bracelet to cover it at work. I love it and am happy to have it. I don't think it's a big deal to have them. Sometimes I think about getting another one but who knows. My DH has a full sleeve of a phoenix that is amazing!!! He owns his own business and is a law abiding citizen. People shouldn't judge others because they have tattoos.

Bethany

Tatoos...
Old 02-25-2008, 03:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I do not have a tatoo, which is very surprising, since I have gone 4 different times with friends for them to get one! I was always iffy about getting one each time going, but once I saw that needle, there would be no way in he!! I would get one! I hate pain and cringe to think of that sound as someone is getting a tatoo.

DH has one with my name (nobody can see it) and my sister has one...I am just too chicken!

RAD

Funny story
Old 02-25-2008, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

A friend of my sister has a rose tatooed on her chest right at the top of her breast. Her husband said she wanted it there so when she gets older she will have a long stemmed rose

Tigger518

Old 02-25-2008, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

I have one.... my SO drew it and it means a lot to me. Its small and covered.

ashleymarie81

Old 02-25-2008, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

Who has one? NOT ME

Wants one? Are you crazy?

Regrets getting one? n/a

Has one their parents has never seen? Only the washable kind that I got at a festival or something.

*I don't know what it is, but there's just something about it...whenever I see someone, a nice looking lady or man, and then see a tattoo on their body...I'm kinda like "Ooohh"

Don't get me wrong I have known people with tattoos, especially in college and I loved them dearly (not the tattoos), but it was still just something about the tattoo that weirded me out. Dirty.

With all this being said....I have been known to watch Miami Ink or LA Ink on TLC before...haha!!

chronicfun

nope
Old 02-25-2008, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

Don't have one don't want one. I don't even have pierced ears. I don't like jewelry either. Just not an accessory kind of gal I guess. I like to think about all the money I've saved by never getting into all that....not that that was my motivation, just never had the interest. To each his or her own.

annie ann

Can't
Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

No, can't have one. I have very sensitive skin, afraid of the reaction.

marmar

Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

I am too big of a whimp! I don't like pain.

TchrBlr

can o' worms
Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

Well, I will be the first to admit, I have 7 tattoos. That's right, 7. I am not a biker, a drug addict, an ex-con, dirty or skanky. I just happen to like body art (as does DH, he has 12). I don't worry about getting old as I can hide them now, and I can hide them when I'm older.

All of my tattoos are symbolic, custom art, that represent something in my life that is truly important. They are all black and gray and very traditional style art. I don't regret them AT ALL! My parents know and realize that I am a grown woman and can make my own decisions. They weren't thrilled at first, but got over it. Dad is thinking about getting one and I will go with him when he does.

I have 1) a mother and child, 2) 2 swallows with my children's names and their footprints from their birth certificates, 3) a butterfly DH designed with his initials, 4) a lizard, 5) a lion, 6) a wrench with Dad written across it, and 7) an owl with the word teacher in Greek written above it. I have plans for at least 5-6 more.

My tattoos do not make me less of a person or a teacher. I don't flaunt them at school and except for the one on my foot, the students don't see them. Body art is a very personal choice. I don't think people should be so quick to judge others based on tattoos. If my tattoos are the worse thing about me that anyone can comment on, then I must be doing ok. You don't have to agree with me and I'll happily debate my stance. I just don't like it when others judge based solely on one's appearance, for whatever reason.

Last edited by TchrBlr; 02-25-2008 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: spelling

Hylin

Old 02-25-2008, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

I have 3, and will have 4 as soon as spring break is here and I have time to let it heal. Both the tops of my feet are covered, and I have my 3rd between my breasts. #4 is going to be on the inside of my left wrist.

I want more, and plan to get more.

I don't regret any of them one bit. All 3 are special to me and either represent something major about my personality [like my aquarius sign between my breasts], or represent a major time in my life [like the Cheshire Cat on my left foot which I had done right after I was in a production of Alice in Wonderland].

As far as my parents seeing them, my mom was actually with me for 2 of the 3. Both my parents have tattoos and they were fine with me getting mine. Unless someone is really looking hard, they'd never know mine exist.

Angie

Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

I have a small flower on the inside of my right ankle. I got it on my wedding night (YES... I know what you are SUPPOSED to do that night). I don't always cover it up because I don't always wear socks. My students saw it once and asked if I had a tatoo. I told them it was a washable one. I told them that I bought a bunch of the same flower because I like them so much. They believed me and it hasn't ever been brought up again. I want another one.. I want to get a red and black double T on my other ankle. DH got one a few months ago on his arm. It is really big. They are expensive, but I didn't think it hurt too bad. The down side.. I can't donate blood until after my anniversary. You have to wait a year....

TeachAbroad

Old 02-25-2008, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

Have one? Nope
Want one? Yes, I do. But, I have sensitive skin and I scar easily. So, I doubt I'll ever get one. Although I had my belly button pierced a long time ago and it didn't scar. If I ever did get one, it would be small and one that I have drawn myself.
Would I ever show my parents? Nope. They wouldn't appreciate it.

tbell0407

Love my tattoo
Old 02-25-2008, 04:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

I LOVE my tattoo!! I got my first tattoo this summer in New York. I have a rose over my left shoulder with my name on it. I loved showing it off this summer by wearing halter tops. I cover it during the school year but I can't wait for summer again. I'm planning to get another. It's tasteful, was painful but it's beautiful!

Judy24

I have one
Old 02-25-2008, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

I have a turtle on my back on the right side where my kidney would be. I got it 3 or 4 years ago and I don't regret it. Sometimes it shows when I'm bending over and my shirt rides up. I've only had one student comment on it and I just laughed and said where is it. She said on your back and I just replied oh I can't see back there and smiled. I don't think it's a bad thing. My DH doesn't have any, but he doesn't want any. I don't think my mom or dad know but I wouldn't care if they care. It's my body and I like the meaning of my turtle. It was for me and nobody else.

jessi

Old 02-25-2008, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #30

I don't have a tattoo, never wanted one either. That's partly because I don't like the idea of the needles, but I also don't care for the look of them or the permanence (for myself).

dmaeK

2 for me
Old 02-25-2008, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #31

I have piglet on my hip that I got when I was 26. I have loved pigs since the first grade and heard Charlotte's Web and fell in love with Wilbur. I collect pigs from all countries and have over 200 pigs including piglet on my hip. The other is a custome done dove (representing peace) that I got after my divorce from my first husband at around 30. The dove is on my shoulder and is always covered as is my hip. My tats are only seen in a bathing suit or nothing. I do want a ladybug on the top of my foot, symbolizing luck and strength, but will not ever do until I quit smoking for at least 6 months as my reward. Then sandals would be out for school.

I do think that there is an ink withdrawl sort of something. Once you get one, you get the "fever" sort of speak.

Mom knew about both. She got one at 54 and she got the star of Elvin? (Lord of the Rings thing). You just never know when your mind will change.

Last edited by dmaeK; 02-25-2008 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: added something

cool2read

nope
Old 02-25-2008, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #32

not one for me.
new1stteacher

new1stteacher

Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #33

Don't have one. Don't really want one. I can't think of anything I would want forever. I guess if I do I am not 100% opposed to it. My hubby has one he got in college and wishes he didn't get it.

Teach4

tattoos
Old 02-25-2008, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #34

Have one? Yes - on my back.
Want one? Thinking about another one either on the top of my foot or inside of my wrist or right under my hairline on the back of my neck.
Regrets getting one? The tattoo, no. The location, maybe. But only because people call them tramp stamps now and I'm definitely not a tramp.
Has one their parents have never seen? No. My parents have seen it. They don't love it but they respect the fact that it's my choice.

BioAdoptMom3

Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #35

I don't have any but one of my co-workers has two on her, one handprint of each of her two sons, with their names and the date it was done included. I don't think she'll ever regret those. They are so cute!

Nancy

GraceK

Old 02-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #36

do not have one, have wanted one for a while, tried to get one a few times, it never worked out (lol) because it was last minute walk-in attempts.

Dh does not want me to get one, my mom would die a thousand deaths (as would my siblings, I think), so who knows. I may never get one, and that is ok too.

linny22

Tattoo survey
Old 02-25-2008, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #37

No to all those questions

luvgrade4

Nope
Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #38

Don't have one and really haven't thought about getting one. A lady that I work out with sometimes at the gym has her eyebrows tatooed on. I had never heard of anything like that. It seems like more people have them than don't.

mshelbyk

Old 02-25-2008, 07:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #39

I have 1 on my shoulder. I got it 10 years ago, when I was 25. I don't regret it at all. I had my belly button pierced when I was 22, but had to take it out because it never healed. For me, the belly button piercing was a million times more painful than the tatoo

FancyFish

Old 02-25-2008, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #40

Don't have one, don't want one. Don't like pain, or the idea of something permanent on my body that God didn't put there! I wonder how it would look when the skin got old and wrinkly ?

Kate26

No
Old 02-25-2008, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #41

Never had one and never will.

yogi

Nope
Old 02-25-2008, 08:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #42

Not for me, although after watching shows like Miami Ink, I can appreciate the artistry. My hubby got a LARGE one on his tricep when he was on a trip. I was shocked and still don't really like it, but he is very happy with it. I can't even stand it when my daughter writes stuff on her hand with a pen or marker. Maybe I have issues!

istoleahalo

Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #43

I have one on my foot (a fairy) that is almost always visable in my sandals/heels/dressier shoes. The kids see it, the parents see it, it's been no big deal. I've confused a few of the younger elm kids when I joke that I draw it on every morning! I also have one on my back, occasionally someone will get a glimpse of it but not usually. That too has not cause any issues.

SO...2 for me, no regrets, thinking of at least another!

Keeli0307

2 of them!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #44

I have two of them and I love them! I have a shamrock on my back and a Celtic weave around my ankle. This time of year I forget about them both because it is cold outside and always covered up. My students have seen the one on my ankle, but not the one on my back. I don't regret for a second getting either one of them. I was 21 when I got my first and 22 when I got my second. No matter what choices I make in my life, I will always be Irish and that is something that I am very proud of.

Jackie

Tattoos
Old 02-26-2008, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #45

I have two. One on my lower back and one on my lower stomach. I do not regret getting them. They've been on me for 11 years now and I still love them
After my wedding my fiance and I are getting tattoos..not matching ones though. I don't like that.

Funnygirl

Against the Jewish religion
Old 02-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #46

They are forbidden in the Jewish religion. That is one reason why it was so horrible that the Nazis tatooed numbers on Jewish prisoners. I think they look pretty (if done tastefully), but I could never do it for religious reasons.

Toni

Not me
Old 02-26-2008, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #47

I don't have one, and never will. It just wouldn't fit me, my personality or my lifestyle.

My grandpa got one in the war when was quite young. I remember looking at it, and it was fuzzy & indistinct. He said that happens over time.

arobteach

symbol
Old 02-26-2008, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #48

I have what some would call a "tramp stamp" on my lower back. It is a series of interlocking circles that symbolizes strength. I got it when I was going through my divorce. My dad was unhappy but I was 26 when I got it so he got over it! My kids see it every once in a while, have commented on it, but don't really care!

ckwong

No
Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #49

I have none, nor do I intend on getting one. With that said, it is not that I do not like them, some are very tasteful, but the pain alone is reason for me to say "No Thanks"

What I do have is many holes in my ears from my younger years of my addictiong with having my ears pierced! I do not fill them, I wear one pair only, but it is sure a reminder of my mid life crisis
Anon4ThisOne

Anon4ThisOne

Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #50

No I don't and won't ever have any tattoos. I do not have to make a "statement" to others or myself on my exterior because I know who I am on the interior. The idea of self-mutilation of the body with inked needles leaving a permanent branding isn't changing my mind either.

I look at bumper stickers on cars the same way as tattoos. What's the point?

wolono

Anon4this
Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #51

You are very brave hiding behind anon4this. If you want to speak your mind don't be a chicken about it.

I do have one tattoo. I got it on my 33rd birthday. I have three small hearts (1 for my husband, 2 for my sons!) I didn't do it for anyone but myself. It is on the small of my back and the only time it is visible is when I wear my swimsuit.

I am comfortable with who I am inside. Who are you to judge me?

MrChapp

Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #52

No tattoos for me. No piercings either (not even my ears). I don't have a problem with either though. Just not big on pain, and the permanance of a tattoo doesn't appeal to me. When I look at my life from 20 till now, I have changed so much and my interests have changed so often. I can't think of much that I would have picked 10 years ago as a tattoo that I'd still be happy with. I'm sure the same would be 10 year from now with anything I like now.

As with any form of self-expression (clothing, piercings, hairstyles, body art, etc.), tattoos can look really trashy or really interesting. Depends on how its done and who's looking at it (especially the latter). My ex had a tattoo (barbed wire around the bicep) and most of the time I completely forgot about it.
Anon4ThisOne

Anon4ThisOne

Old 02-27-2008, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #53

Chill out, Wolono!

I'm answering the survey, not judging you (by the way, I do not know you so don't take things so personally). It's not for me and something I do not understand. I do not place judgment on those who have one.