Help

Social Studies

Review Games

>

JazzJean

Review Games
Old 08-21-2009, 04:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am looking for some fun games to play with my fifth grade students when we are reviewing social studies content before tests.

Last edited by JazzJean; 08-21-2009 at 07:20 PM..
JazzJean is offline   Reply With Quote

kmob

A few ideas...
Old 08-22-2009, 04:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

include having groups of students make a "test" they think would review the material and then having their classmates try their tests. It's a great activity because they love doing, they review the material since they must make an answer key, and you get a handle on what they think goes into an assessment and what they study.

You could do "chapter scavenger hunt" and give them clues that they must find in a certain amount of time.

Mixed up timeline--have the dates and events written on sentence strip and the children must match and put together..eventually you can take away events and see if they can figure out what happened.

There's always the standard Jeopardy...the template for making one via Power Point is http://www.bcsd.org/webpages/docchin...?subpage=17061 (which on got from someone else on PT)
kmob is offline   Reply With Quote