Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

One-to-One Technology

>

mimi6

One-to-One Technology
Old 05-22-2016, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school will be going one-to-one next year (laptops for all) - Exciting news but I'm also a little lost. Any suggestions on planning and utilizing technology in the ELA Classroom? Thanks!

mimi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

I was looking forward to it
Old 05-24-2016, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

one of my districts I sub for has been 1:1 for a while and the other split the tech time into three smaller periods to shuffle the chromebooks around to everyone. now they also will be 1:1 starting this week in summer school, but they still will be shuffling programs around, seems to me easier to have the whole class on the same programs for 20 minutes then switch. but no I still have three separate lessons going on and having to monitor and then switching... oh well, I still like it. its a tool not a toy. when the students use it as a tool, its awesome. when it becomes a toy it becomes a problem.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote

kerteach2

Tech
Old 05-29-2016, 04:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

All of my students have Chrome books. Grades 2-5 are all one on one, with K and 1 sharing 2 class set between 2 classrooms.
I have a program called Hapara that lets me into their Chromebook to see what they are up to, what website they are on, edit their work in Google Drive etc.
The editing and commenting that I can do while they are working is great. I can pull up their work on the board and we can have discussions as a group.
I also use them for ReadTheory - great site that has them at their own reading level and I can go over their results with them. BrainPop and BrainPopJr are sites that we have school wide subscriptions for and we use them too.
We use them so often now - have fun!
kerteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote