Help

BusyBoard

Interactive Notebooks

>

bronxgirl75

Interactive Notebooks
Old 06-14-2016, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach a resource room of middle school students with special needs. Last year I introduced partial interactive notebooks to go with our 1:1 program. We used composition books. Sometimes it was hard for some of my kiddos to keep up. I'm thinking this year of using the old school blue exam books for each topic. I found some 8.5x11 ones on sale at staples for .99. Has anyone gone this route.

bronxgirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote

msd2

msd2

Old 06-14-2016, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How do you forsee the blue exam book helping the students to keep up?

kerteach2

notebooks
Old 06-14-2016, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I usually use the composition books. But give it a shot - it may be the answer you're looking for. If it doesn't work, then you know.
How about doing a dry run and making one on your own just to see how you like it first?
kerteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 06-14-2016, 05:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Personally, I hate composition books because they don't fold, they're hard to manage and just awkward. I bet your resource kids felt the same way.

I think blue books are an awesome suggestion. If I didn't have almost 30 kids I'd totally do something like that for my class because they're easier to manage.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

teachmeifucan

Could you try???
Old 06-14-2016, 09:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Could you do loose-leaf paper and a binder. That way you could whole punch sheets if you wanted to give them some information already typed/written out and then have them fill in the rest. (I sometimes provide parts of the information for those who write slower or process much slower, and that way they are still paying attention but have less to write. Some days you might have them write on paper and it would be easy to put it in or pull it out for use. It would also allow you to easily pull out a mistake and put in a new sheet without messing up your numbering system.

teachmeifucan is offline   Reply With Quote

BAX

Interactive Notebooks
Old 06-16-2016, 04:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am a big fan of IN and I am curious how the use of blue books will help. I use composition notebooks and like that they are durable but hate their bulk when I have to grade a lot of them. Always looking for new ideas.
BAX is offline   Reply With Quote

mimi6

1-1
Old 06-17-2016, 02:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am interested how you implemented your 1-1. We will be going 1-1 in all classes (laptops) and I am anxious about it and ready to begin planning for instruction.
mimi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

bronxgirl75

Old 06-17-2016, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I was thinking of the blue books to reduce some of the bulk. I can do one for either every topic or every two topics and then put them in a binder for reference. I'm planning to create the teacher on and see how they hold up once I put everything in there.

bronxgirl75

Old 06-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Hi mimi6,
We are 1:1 iPads and it was rough at first. Do you know if you will be using a learning management system (Google classroom, Schoology) to help with your implementation? Send me a message if you have questions. I started as the pilot classroom in my building.

ancientciv

We are also 1-1 and this is my experience
Old 06-18-2016, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

It is hard to truly implement 1:1 and do a paper interactive notebook. Can your students take their devices home? If so, I'd say embrace the technology and look at ways that your students can use that to do the processing types of assignments.

For ELA, I am using a more blended system. We will have a binder for the notes that students will take/create and we will use the technology for the processing assignments. I found it was difficult for students to keep shifting back and forth between the digital notes and their current work, so I'm hoping this will help with that.

ancientciv is offline   Reply With Quote

bronxgirl75

Old 06-19-2016, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

We are 1:1 with students taking the iPads home. I use the iPads to house a copy of everything and also have their stories there. This allows the stories to be read to the students that need it. In their notebooks they have all of their notes and resources including a copy of the stories. While we embrace the technology I need to make sure that their accommodations are also met.