Help

BusyBoard

IKEA Shopping Day

>

mimi6

IKEA Shopping Day
Old 07-24-2016, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have never been to IKEA before and plan to go this week. We are about the same distance to the Atlanta store as we are to the Charlotte store. For those who have been to either store, which did you like the best? We want to make our day count!Thanks!

mimi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

needmyjob

Ikea
Old 07-25-2016, 04:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't live near either, but I think all the stores are set up the same and carry most of the same items.
Plan for browsing a good 2-3 hours...they have great items and its just fun to see everything!
needmyjob is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

The Store is a Maze!
Old 07-25-2016, 08:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It just keeps going and going. It can be very difficult to find an exit and leave early. It is also difficult to find an area where you want to look a second time. So, I suggest if you see something you like go ahead and put it in your cart. If you change you mind and decide not to make that purchase just let them know at the register.

Wear comfortable clothes, especially shoes! Eat before you go so you are not hungry right off the bat.

Enjoy! it is a fun place. There designs are excellent. Their prices are very good. Sometimes quality is lacking. Check it out really well. I tend to just buy accessories and smaller furniture pieces.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

lv2read

1956ad
Old 07-25-2016, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree with comment about how IKEA is like a maze. I recommend you check out items that you want online. Write down the item #s, then go directly to the basement/bottom level to find your items. Prepare to wait a while in the check out lines. If you have never been there before, you may want to walk the maze and peruse the displays and sale items. It will take you a long time.
lv2read is offline   Reply With Quote

mimi6

Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 11:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Got my comfy shoes ready and will eat on the way - I appreciate the great tips!

mimi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Have a Good Time
Old 07-25-2016, 11:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I enjoyed my first visit but now I just shop online.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

MamaChickadee

Ikea
Old 07-25-2016, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We have an IKEA pretty close, so we go a couple of times per year. If I think I might want something, I take a picture of it and the Aisle/Bin # Card. Then, I can scroll back through my pictures and find it easily.
MamaChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote

yellowdaisies

Ikea
Old 07-25-2016, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I've lived within 30 minutes of an Ikea for 17 years (in a few different cities and a few different Ikeas), and it's glorious.

I actually recommend eating AT Ikea. I love the meatballs. It's not gourmet or anything, but it's good. I've also gotten breakfast there, and it's pretty good, too. Also inexpensive. The lingonberry juice is great! You can also stop for a $1 soft serve ice cream cone on the way out downstairs by the checkout stands.

Agree with Mama Chickadee - I take pictures of items and numbers so I can find them easily when I get downstairs.

Since this is a first time trip, I would go through the whole store. It's fun! I don't usually do that now, since I live close, but sometimes I enjoy it. I like the little fake apartments and rooms they have set up. You can get some really good ideas!

It's not Ethan Allen or anything, but their furniture quality is just fine. Most of our furniture - couch, loveseat, sofa sleeper, TV stand, nightstands, dresser, Expedit shelves (now Kallax), Poang chair, end tables, etc - is from Ikea. We aren't fancy furniture people. I have lots of Ikea in my classroom, too - storage containers, clock, pillows, cushions, stools, futon, bookshelves, Kallax shelves, etc. They are great for flexible seating.

Enjoy. And allow several hours...
yellowdaisies is offline   Reply With Quote