Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Saturday Survey:)

>

Mhiag

Saturday Survey:)
Old 06-22-2019, 12:53 AM

1. How is your sleep schedule different in the summer?
2. Do you prefer to go out often or to stay home?
3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer?
4. Do you like to swim?

Mhiag is offline   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 06-22-2019, 02:50 AM

1. In summer, my sleep schedule is pretty much the same. The difference is summer mornings are way more laid back and less rushed.
2. It depends on the circumstances.
3. No difference that during the school year.
4. I don't know how to swim, so I guess no.
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Survey
Old 06-22-2019, 03:22 AM

1. I get a few more naps during the summer

2. I always prefer to stay home

3. No difference

4. I love to swim. But I wonít be able to for another month or so. I just had a knee replacement so Iím in recovery.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 06-22-2019, 04:15 AM

I usually stay up later at night and sleep later the next morning.

We stay home quite often. We will go out to eat sometimes, but we tend to entertain at home more. I am very fortunate to live where people actually come to spend some of their summer vacation.

I cook different. I use the grill more and have more cold dishes. There are days when I don't use the stove/oven at all.

4. Do you like to swim?

I love to swim!
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 06-22-2019, 04:31 AM

It isn't. My stupid body wakes up between 4:00--4:30 naturally. I don't really mind, because hiking the SW in summer means starting on the trail by 6 am at the latest to avoid the heat.

Since school got out May 23, I have been home a grand total of 11 days. My son and husband have only been home 4 days! I'm getting a little stir crazy in the city and am heading back to the woods this coming week. I think by breaking up summer with lots of trips, I don't get in a bored rut at home. Basically we come home, do laundry, take a luxurious shower, re-stock our packs, and head back out.

I do not cook, not really. When we are home, we grill up a big batch of steak and chicken and have spring mix, various cheeses, etc. for salads. Tons of fresh fruit. I'm also playing Gilligan's Island, so no grocery shopping (other than produce). It's every man for himself, because Mama is on vacation!

4. Do you like to swim?
Love to swim! I was on swim team in HS and grew up living part of the year on a sailboat.

Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

Old 06-22-2019, 04:56 AM

1. I sleep about 2 hours later in the summer.

2. Go out - I love to be busy.

3. About the same

4. I do, but I don't like to get my head wet. I love to tread water.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tori58

Old 06-22-2019, 05:03 AM

I tend to sleep less. I get up earlier and stay up later.
Sometimes I nap in the afternoon if I feel the need, but that usually only happens if it's raining.

I'm usually out and about every day. I find that if I stay home too many days in a row I start to feel resistant to the idea of going out.
3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer? Definitely more often. During the school year I cook bigger batches and freeze leftovers so I don't have to cook every day. In the summer, I cook more frequently but also more simply.
4.. Do you like to swim?
Yes, but I probably do more actual swimming in the winter when my options for outdoor exercise are limited. Summer "swimming" tends to involve a lot of laying around on the beach with a book.
Tori58 is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 06-22-2019, 05:13 AM

1. I love our summer schedule! We all stay up later and sleep later. Our natural sleep/wake cycle doesn't really fit with our school schedules.
2. I could be content only leaving home about once a week.
3. More. I actually have time to cook. I can enjoy it instead of just feeling the rush of having to feed my family on a busy school night when I am exhausted and we're going in different directions.
4. Yes. I would love to have a pool. DH hates the idea of having one.
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

3monkeys

Old 06-22-2019, 05:24 AM

Stay up a little later, sleep in a little later

A good mixture of both

Less

4. Do you like to swim?
Yes
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 06-22-2019, 05:53 AM

1. Iíve been retired 3 years and am still working on finding a sleep cycle.

2. I like being out and about and I LOVE being home. A mix is perfect for me.

3. I rarely cook at all these days.

4. I used to be a good swimmer and loved it, but havenít swum for years. I just bought a bathing suit and plan to use my condoís little pool soon. Iím hoping swimming is a skill remembered by the brain/body.

amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 06-22-2019, 06:21 AM

I sleep later in the summer; no 5:15 a.m. alarm. More like 7:00a.m. wake up
2. Do you prefer to go out often or to stay home? both;
3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer? more
4. Do you like to swim? yes
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Czechgirl

Survey
Old 06-22-2019, 07:12 AM

How is your sleep schedule different in the summer? I sleep in a couple more hours.

2. Do you prefer to go out often or to stay home? Both. Each week I like to go somewhere, but I also like days at home.

3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer? more in the summer

4. Do you like to swim? Yes. I have a pool that I swim in everyday.
Czechgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

puzzle1mom

Old 06-22-2019, 07:23 AM

1. I go to bed a little bit later - normally during school I'm in bed by 10 - 10:30. Now it's closer to 11 - 11:30. DH leaves for work around 7:30 AM - sometimes I get up when he leaves, sometimes I'll sleep up to an hour later.

2. In my old age, I prefer staying home.

3. About the same. I cook 5 - 6 nights a week.

4. YES!!!
puzzle1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Survey
Old 06-22-2019, 08:14 AM

1. Retired so I sleep my usual...bed around 11:30 ish get up between 6:30-7:30am. We like to get out and exercise early.
2. Probably go out more in summer. Our kids and grands visit more. Weather is nice for outdoor concerts, hiking, waterfront restaurants.
3. About the same. We live in a high tourist area (especially in the summer) so we avoid restaurants on the weekends. We love going out to lunch. Then, we grill fish and veggies for dinner.
4. Yes! We have a boat and even if it just the two of us, we anchor and swim to shore or go clamming and have raw clams as a snack. Our marina has a pool so grands sometimes like that better than the sea or boat.
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 06-22-2019, 08:18 AM

. How is your sleep schedule different in the summer?
I try to keep it close to my school schedule. I would love to be up all night and sleep in each day, but the older I get the harder it is for me to switch back in the fall.

Both, I am fine with either.

We grill a lot more in the summer and eat less when it tends to get really hot out.

4. Do you like to swim?
Yes, but have not bought a bathing suit in years.
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 06-22-2019, 08:26 AM

1. My sleeping schedule gets totally messed up in the summer. I struggle with insomnia, and not having any sort of schedule and just being less tired in general really impacts that in the summer. This year I'm trying to have a more relaxed attitude and not stress about it. I sleep when I sleep rather than trying to make myself go to bed at certain times or because I haven't slept in awhile and then getting frustrated.

2. I definitely go out more in the summer, but I like staying in as well. During the school year I typically go out with friends on one weekend day and then occasionally one time during the week- we do trivia once per month, movie night once per month, and a dinner out once per month, all on Tuesdays. During the summer I try to get out at least every 2 days or so as to not go stir crazy. Even when I'm not working at all though, I still don't like to go out every single day .

3. Well, I'd say more, but my version of "cooking" is pretty much putting things from Trader Joe's in the oven . I eat more stuff like that in the summer because I want to go out and do more social things, so that requires stricter budgeting than during the school year when I go out maybe 1-2x per week. During the school year I often will pick something up from somewhere like Panera, Qdoba, etc. for dinner. The whole "buy a bunch of ingredients and make casseroles" type of cooking just doesn't make much financial sense for a single person, especially since I'm not fond of leftovers. I end up spending the most money in phases where I feel like I "should" cook and try to make "real recipes."

4. What's funny is that I was on my HS swim team, but I've never much enjoyed swimming "for fun" as an adult. There doesn't seem to be much point in standing around in water, and I prefer other types of exercise as opposed to swimming laps- namely, those that don't involve getting my hair all gross and making me smell like chlorine even after showering .
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

patch41

survey
Old 06-22-2019, 09:02 AM

1. How is your sleep schedule different in the summer?I stay up much later at night--usually reading--and I LOVE sleeping in.

2. Do you prefer to go out often or to stay home?Both. I like to go out on the weekends and I enjoy running errands, but I also like my at home time.

3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer?About the same. I like to grill in the summer. I also have more time to try different recipes.

4. Do you like to swim?LOVE it! We have a pool in our HOA and I spend a lot of time there when the weather is warm enough and sunny!
patch41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 06-22-2019, 10:18 AM

I almost completely flip my sleep schedule.

I am usually a home body.

about the same

4. Do you like to swim?
I love swimming, but I usually donít swim much. No local pool.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Old 06-22-2019, 10:18 AM

1. How is your sleep schedule different in the summer? I am retired but my sleep schedule changes. I need to go to bed earlier as DH gets up early.
2. Do you prefer to go out often or to stay home? i have my routine for the week. We are going out less as we are trying to watch what we eat.
3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer? We try to grill or smoke the meat. It is too hot to have the oven on.
4. Do you like to swim? I love to swim in my own pool. Iím not too crazy about public pools. I am sure I will swim later today.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 06-22-2019, 10:34 AM

1. How is your sleep schedule different in the summer? I stay up later and sleep in. I've always been a night owl when not forced to be up early!
2. Do you prefer to go out often or to stay home? Stay home, and go out occasionally.
3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer? I don't cook.
4. Do you like to swim? Not really, unless I'm really hot. I do like being in water in nature if it's clear and preferably warm.
Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 06-22-2019, 11:13 AM

1. How is your sleep schedule different in the summer? I stay up later and get up later.

2. Do you prefer to go out often or to stay home? It depends. If I have been working all day or had to run errands, go to appointments, meetings, etc., I prefer to stay home in the evening. If I've been home more of the day......I like to get out!

3. Do you cook more or less often in the summer? Since DH retired he does most of the cooking.

4. Do you like to swim? I love it! I swim everyday (until the water gets too cold - our pool isn't heated)

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

WestCoastTch

Survey
Old 06-22-2019, 02:15 PM

The time I go to sleep and wake up do not change, but the amount of time I linger in bed in the morning certainly does.

The first week of summer I prefer to stay home. Our last few weeks of school are always so hectic. Sometimes I feel physically ill when school ends so just catching up on rest is perfect for me. I go on about 3-4 trips per summer with my family.

I cook way more. I love to cook. Since I'm home and my children aren't in as many activities, I cook dinner from scratch about 5x per week, and the other nights I "assemble" something like a salad or sandwiches. We go out to eat about 1x per week in the summer, if at all.

4. Do you like to swim?

I like to be in the pool and beside the pool, but I don't really swim, as in swimming laps or trying to get active exercise. I like cool off in the pool, mostly, and supervise my children as they swim.
WestCoastTch is offline   Reply With Quote

Blubell

Old 06-22-2019, 02:29 PM

1. Nothing changed as I still get up early to walk.
2. I like to stay home the first few weeks after school. After that I like to have lunch with friends and catch up on appts I didnít have time for during the school year.
3. More!
4. I like to swim, but mainly float and keep cool.
Blubell is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 06-23-2019, 10:23 AM

1. It is the same because I teach online very early in the morning all year long.
2. Go out
3. About the same now that I revamped my diet.
4. Yes. My husband and I usually swim every day. Right now we canít because we are about to put our condo on the market and will be staying elsewhere until we can either sell it or make a contingent deal for a home in our new city.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote