Help

BusyBoard

$200 to spend

>

Ms. J

$200 to spend
Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have $200 to spend before the end of the year. I would like to buy some worthwhile items that can be used this year and in the future. I don't really need consumable items (paper, pencils, etc). Any ideas?

Ms. J is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do you have enough math manipulatives? A class set of white boards? Something really cool for science like a microscope?

I just ordered a set of buzzers for game-show type games. Kids like that as a "reward" sort of way to view for a test.

And you can always buy more books for your classroom library - are there any that need to be replaced, or that you wish you had multiple copies of?

Or other things for your library area - a rotating shelf, or I've seen beach chairs in several rooms. (I like them better than than bean bags because it seems like they'd be easier to clean.) And kids love the chance to sit somewhere other than at their desks for silent reading.
Lakeside is online now   Reply With Quote

Victorious

Books!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Either picture books you can use for mini lessons or graet books for kids in your class to read al year long.
Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote

The Cafe

Really Good Stuff
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just got a catalogue from Really good Stuff. There is a coupon for $50 off of $200. You could use just $150 of your money and still have some left over
The Cafe is offline   Reply With Quote

lovkteaching

Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Do you have a smartboard? I have been spending a small fortune on Lakeshore games! I would love to spend someone else's money on them!

lovkteaching is offline   Reply With Quote

kckrzy

Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Do you have a class set of timers? I bought some for my third graders this year and we use them all the time. They time each other on a reading fluency each week and now that they are learning their multiplication facts they time that too. I also have used them for my low reading tier group for word fluency. If you have iPads you could buy some apps.
kckrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Antique Tchr

Since 2007
Old 04-29-2012, 01:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

our 4 second grades have split a classroom set of Scholastic News. I laminate my portion of the set and file them according to our reading series stories and other special units of study we do. I love having this resource available. It gives you more options each year for reading passages to go with reading selections and science/social studies tie-ins. I like using them for small-group and independent work. Such a subscription would be a small portion of your total, but reusable from now on if you laminate them.

Children's magazines subscriptions, like Ranger Rick & Highlights for Children, are another good choice with long term use.
Antique Tchr is offline   Reply With Quote