Help

Special Education

SPED Lesson Planning Template?

>

teacher0729

SPED Lesson Planning Template?
Old 06-06-2019, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What type of template do you use for writing lesson plans? Most are the traditional 6-8 subject columns with 5 days per week to write in the boxes. However, I will be teaching about 13 different "groups" throughout the day (some 30 minutes, some down to just 10 min). Does anyone else have a way of writing up your plans (not too detailed- just for your own use) when you teach a lot of different groups?

teacher0729 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 06-06-2019, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use planbook.com. It's $15 per year, but it's been worth it to me to not have to spend hours of my own time trying to develop my own template. I tried numerous things in google docs and just didn't like any of them. A poster in another thread recently mentioned planboard.com, which is free, so I might check that out this year.

On planbook, you put in your own schedule and you can color code each group. It will have the group title and times that it meets right on the plans, which is helpful for people like us who have crazy schedules. If you don't have the same schedule Monday-Friday, you can also set it up to do different classes on different days, which is nice.

For each lesson, I start by listing the learning target and success criteria (we're required to post those) and then just have a bulleted list of the activities we'll do for that lesson. I do a lot of phonics work where I need to have word lists or sentences for dictation handy, so I got in the habit of printing the day's view of my lesson plans so that I could just quickly glance down at them while I was teaching.

One year I had less groups for larger amounts of time, so I tried using a traditional paper plan book, and it drove me crazy. The boxes often weren't small enough, and if my schedule got off for some reason (unexpected assembly, field trip, snow day, etc.) there was no way to fix it without doing a whole bunch of extra work and making the plans look like crap. On planbook, you can just bump the lessons forward or quickly copy/paste if you need to change something, and for me typing is 100x faster than hand writing.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

dee

Ditto planbook
Old 06-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I believe it has a free trial
dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

I make my own in Word and customize
Old 06-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

the boxes. I can split them, shade them or label them as needed. I do one week over a two page spread. I put them in a binder so I can see the whole week at a glance. I color code as much as possible.

Some days have 7 boxes and some days have 10 or more--depends on what I need. Things that stay the same every week are typed into the frame and saved. Then I leave a space for handwriting some things or making notes.

My "planbook" is generally half what I hope to do and half what actually got done. Also, I only print fronts. That leaves the backs free to write notes about data collection, phone calls, meeting notes with the gen ed teachers, para conversations and so on. It all stays together and has and automatic timeline.

It is not a new concept as most of this stuff is from right here on PT.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

MissionLearn

Planbook works for me too!
Old 06-23-2019, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

When my caseload changes in the middle of the school year and/or I have to change my schedule for one reason or another, it is easy to change. It didn't take long to get used to it, either. Love it!

MissionLearn is offline   Reply With Quote