I need art lesson for k-2 involving artists.. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Visual & Performing Arts

I need art lesson for k-2 involving artists..

>

J.J.

J.J.

I need art lesson for k-2 involving artists..
Old 01-05-2006, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need some ideas for my kindergarten and first grade classes. I've been doing cute stuff out of story books but I haven't done any artists or any art history with them yet. I need an idea that they can make something cute that deals with a famous artist. What do you think? Do you have any ideas. Kindergarten has such short attention spans that I sometimes find it hard to get them to do anything cute. It is a little easier with 1st grade.
Thanks,
J.J.

pattyk

Linnea's Garden
Old 01-07-2006, 08:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This is a great book about Monet ...I read it to the kids, we discuss the wonderful pictures...I pull out a print of the Japanese Bridge...we notice that it was in the book...now we paint a paper half light blue, half green. Next day(or next class, as I am arts teacher) we watch the video, Linnea's Garden...then using paints OR craypas (my choice, depending on class mood) children draw a bridge and plenty of water lillies. Always a success and draws lots of ohhhs and ahhhhs from others. Great display!
pattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

pattyk

Picasso
Old 01-07-2006, 08:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use this one around Mother's Day. I share the picture "Fleurs aux Mains" with the children...we discuss who is giving who the flowers...about how you don't need to draw the entire person, just the part that tells the story or conveys the message...I read Mike Venzia's story about Picasso (any of his 20+ artist books are great for little guys, also videos are attention holding, but only 5 of those are avaiable). Kidlets trace hands on skin color paper, cut and glue onto white paper. They then draw stems and add flower heads. Cute and Mom's love it.
pattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
JA Baca

JA Baca

famous artist
Old 02-23-2006, 12:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

In my art class, I have the children do a series of copying the masters. I lay out several pieces of art by famous artists and have them do their rendition of the art work by using simple shapes. You'd be surprised at how well they associate shapes and colors and how well the final pieces turn out. Picasso and the cubism period is very popular. Of course help them to get started, but have them glue tissue paper squares, use watercolors, and pastels to interesting paterns.