Visual & Performing Arts

Oct. Art Ideas

>

Mrs. L

Mrs. L

Oct. Art Ideas
Old 10-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am looking for art ideas. Everyone does pumpkins, etc. but I am looking for something different and original.

Thanks!!

kayp

Halloween art
Old 10-10-2005, 11:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know if you can do ghosts at your school but if you can the following activity is a cute one for 3rd graders. Cover a black sheet of construction paper with white paint dots. ( I had my students use the end of an unsharpened pencil dipped in the white paint) When they are dry have the students cut out ghost shapes. Make eyes and mouths from white construction paper and wigglely eyes. Mount ghosts on yellow construction paper that the students have made spider webs on. My students covered each spider web with black glitter. They are very cute and showy.
kayp is offline   Reply With Quote

DJ/SC

Windsocks
Old 10-13-2005, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Mrs. L, Have you ever created ghost windsocks?
Large white paper is marked with a line across the top about five inches down from the top edge.
Cut 1-inch or 2-inch strips from the bottom up to the line.
The paper is curled into a cylinder and taped or glued with the strips hanging below and the "solid" part at top.
Scary eyes and a mouth can be added with black paper or black marker.
Add some string or a paper strip to hang in windows or from ceiling.
Some may want to pencil-curl their ghosts' "hems" into a flip for more personality!This is a hit with the kids since it's simple and effective.
Happy Art-ing!
DJ/SC is offline   Reply With Quote
ogteacher

ogteacher

October Art
Old 10-15-2005, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi,

There are some great art projects you can do around Dias Des Los Muertes, enjoy art and expand the class's cultural awareness. In Mexico people hang paper cuttings in the windows, and make sugar skulls as treats, and display skeletons dressed and engaged in everyday activities.

http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/feature/daydeadindex.html

My class really enjoys making and decorating sugar skull, hanging paper cut out flags, and making paper mache skeletons.

Chris
charline

charline

halloween haunted trees
Old 10-16-2005, 06:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I often go on the Art Attack web site and I found lots of fun art projects that the students (grade 6-7-8) just love. I did the haunted trees and every tree was different and spooky!
I also did pop up cards. (I used the search on the internet for ideas for pop-up cards). The students wanted to make a second card. We had lots of fun.
good luck

Phyllis

Bottled Monsters
Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I saw an idea for this at http://teacher.scholastic.com

You provide page size outlines of various jars and bottles. Students draw a monster that FILLS the jars. I think you might need to model it so show them what that means. Three examples are given.
Phyllis is offline   Reply With Quote

bamagirl

Character Pumpkins
Old 10-26-2005, 08:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I know you aren't looking for pumpkin ideas, but I wanted to share this one anyway! In the past, my fifth graders have created "character pumpkins." The students each buy a pumpkin (the size depends on their character), and they decorate it to look like the main character from their book. The kids are always so creative coming up with different ways to make the eyes, nose, hair, fur, hats, clothes. etc. The students keep their character's identity a secret, and we play a guessing game in class. The kids love it.
bamagirl is offline   Reply With Quote