Visual & Performing Arts

Shoe Art Show

>

smi95

smi95

Shoe Art Show
Old 04-19-2006, 11:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school is having an art show with the theme, "Walk A Mile in My Shoes." Each class is to have their own art project. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank You!

clydesdale115

clydesdale115

Shoe Art project
Old 04-19-2006, 12:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Maybe I'm thinking too literally about "shoes" but ...

It's really easy to use fabric paint on the cheap-o canvas shoes - they cost about $3 a pair at Wal-Mart. But I suspect other classes might also have that same idea.

Not sure what grade you teach, but how about a shoe mobile? It would require your students to become "engineers" to determine weight distribution, fashion a system for hanging, etc. You could group the kids into 5 or so, have them each bring in a shoe, and each group would make its own mobile. Each mobile would be different owing to the variety of shoes the kids bring in.

Or maybe make a tower of shoe boxes standing on their sides or ends, each with a special shoe in it. Have kids bring in all different kinds of shoes that are used in specific jobs or tasks (steel-toed, baseball cleats, high heels, ballerina slippers, nursing whites, cowboy boots, rubber golashes, etc.). It could educational and sculptural at the same time :-)
clydesdale115
OE53

OE53

Old 05-27-2006, 06:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi
Our class just finished an amazing art project for mother's day involving shoes. We picked up high-heeled shoes at a rummage sale for a dollar a pair (50 cents a child). They then painted the shoe with a bright acrylic base colour. When the shoes were dry the children painted them with a contrasting color making hearts, stripes, polkadots (the eraser end of a new pencil), or anyhting they wanted. We then filled them with flowers from the dollar store & a bit of oasis. They turned out amazing. This would be great for what you are looking for. Oh, yeah, my class is a grade 3 class.