Help

Retired Teachers

Summer is still the bomb!

>

BioAdoptMom3

Summer is still the bomb!
Old 06-06-2016, 08:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have always loved summer, but thought most of that love was based on being out of school on break. Now that I have been retired for 3 years I have to say its still my favorite! I love the pool in the mornings, the beach (such a glorious place), cookouts, nights at the ball park, company by the pool on the Memorial Day and the 4th, the sounds of lawn mowers, tree trimmers, all those noises! Anyone else still love summer more than the other seasons? If not, which is your favorite and why?

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 06-07-2016, 02:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Summer is my favorite too! Living in NH, it just makes me happy to be able to walk outdoors without having to put on a coat, boots, mittens, scarf, and hat first.
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingafar

Me Too
Old 06-07-2016, 02:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Count me in as another one whose favorite season is summer. I love going to the pool, sitting on the deck in the evening, having barbecues, and taking trips to the beach. Summer was great when I was teaching, and it is still wonderful.
travelingafar is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 06-07-2016, 02:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Of course, what is not to love about summer (I live in WI), but spring is my favorite season. I love " stalking" my yard in search of new signs of life in my flowerbeds and to finally seeing any sort of green. I await the return of the humminging birds and orioles and that first day of being able to go outside without a coat. The windows can finally be opened to let in the fresh air and the sky just seems bluer to me. It isva time of renewal and fresh starts. I am a fan of spring!
Cat woman is online now   Reply With Quote

Catdog12

Old 06-07-2016, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Well, I'm more of a fan of fall. Not that we get much of a fall, but at least summer is over. I don't like the heat of summer and just endure each scorching day. We don't have a pool, but even under the shade of a patio cover, it is still miserable to me. Mosquitos, humidity, and heat seem to drag on like FOREVER! Did I mention that I don't care for summer?

Now, after the first cold front, I'm your gal! People start to bundle up, but I'm like, "Ahhh! I can breathe now!" I'm as joyful in cooler weather as others are in the warmth of their summer. Thank goodness for cold a/c !

Catdog12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2grade

fav season
Old 06-07-2016, 10:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

The best part of summer is summer vacation but my favorite season has to be fall. I was born and raised in New England. Their beautiful fall leaf colors are the best! Fall brings cool, crisp weather with the start of new activities. It also is the lead-in season to holiday times.
2grade is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 06-07-2016, 11:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

When working, I loved summer for kicking back and getting caught up on things at home. Now that I am retired, I am glad it's summer break for my friends still teaching! They get a nice break and are free for us to get together during the week to have some fun!
ZipLine is online now   Reply With Quote

Carolyn

Old 06-07-2016, 01:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have always loved summer because of doing more outdoor things. I love to travel in the summer.
Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote

fish2

Old 06-07-2016, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I've always been a summer person. I do not like cold, or even cool, weather in any form. I guess the fact that my RA does not play well with cold weather has something to do with it now, but I have always loved the beach. I could swim from about the time I could walk - I'm pretty sure I have salt water in my veins. I love living where it's green all year round, I love seeing palm trees and hibiscus outside my windows when I wake up. Being able to swim year round is heaven to me! Yep, I'm a summer girl
fish2 is offline   Reply With Quote

1959mm

Old 06-07-2016, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I always loved summer growing up and having the long days when my own kids were young. Now that I'm retired, I'm really enjoying the fall. The humidity is much lower with cool mornings and beautiful sunsets. I love to watch the trees change colors and go to the mountains for apples.

1959mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Teaching4life

Favorite Season
Old 06-07-2016, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Fall! And know that I'm retired, I am looking forward to getting to really enjoy it. I've always said I would take a vacation to New England the first fall after I retired and we are in the process of planning that trip now! Woohoo!
Teaching4life is offline   Reply With Quote

supernova

Yes to Summer
Old 06-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

The past two years have given me a chance to really see all the seasons without the lens of school.
I really loved fall, but then I really loved spring.

But, yes summer is still awesome. Beach, water, long long days, just a more relaxed schedule has let me know that I really do love summer and not just because I am not in school
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote

HenrySam

Seasons
Old 06-08-2016, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I think my very favorite is fall with spring a close second. I'm not a heat & humidity person. I love the crisp air of fall, the colors, the harvest. But I love the fresh air of spring, the first flowers as they poke through the earth and shedding the heavy outerwear of winter. Unfortunately, my favorite seasons seem to be shorter than my two least favorite ones!
HenrySam is offline   Reply With Quote

lots2do

Pick just one favorite???
Old 06-09-2016, 09:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Well, I just loved pur first winter in Florida this year. It was so nice not to have to bundle up, to walk on the beach on Thanksgiving and Christmas day, to swim in a heated pool etc. I did miss snow a little bit - Christmas time did feel odd.
I have always loved fall. The new beginnings of new crayons, new children to get to know, the leaves in New England...
Summer is great too. Although we've had the unofficial start of the season up here in Maine, the weather hasn't quite caught up to our expectations. There was snow last night in upper NH! We are in a seasonal cottage. It is cold! So, any time summer wants to kick in before the calendar date is fine with me!
Spring has its charms as well. I love seeing my old favorites pop up in the gardens and hunting for new favorites to plant. The black flies I can do without.
Great question - fun to read the answers!
lots2do is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Fall
Old 06-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Summer gets HOT around here, been in the 90s lately. I was raised in Fresno CA where it is 110 often in the summer.

Since retiring, we travel in the fall. Spending 3-4 weeks in Yellowstone/Grand Tetons is wonderful!! Lots of color, generally good weather, less crowded with mostly older folks in RVs wandering around. We get to see wildlife calling for mates, preparing for winter, etc.

I must say that fall used to be quite stressful, prepping for school to start and dealing with settling in a new class. None of that now, just generally nice weather and the open road.

There is something to be said for any season when retired and able to get out and enjoy what is happening!
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

landsoftly

Since retiring last June, there is not one
Old 06-10-2016, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

season I've met that I haven't liked. Each represents one more facet of freedom.
landsoftly is offline   Reply With Quote

bookhound

Old 06-11-2016, 11:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I do love summer more and more. The warmer parts of spring and fall are fabulous....The world is alive with greenery & color and people are happily buzzing about. There are lots of activities & events going on.

I must admit, though, that if we're having a frigid winter here in PA, I feel the hibernation more than I did than when I taught.....I get out less by choice. ....especially on those snowy & icy days.
bookhound is offline   Reply With Quote