Help

BusyBoard

Teacher Lounge/Workroom

>

techgrad

Teacher Lounge/Workroom
Old 02-05-2020, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have been given permission to redo one of our workrooms and we want to make it a little more relaxing. What does your lounge/workroom look like?

This room will have:
a copier
Fridge
laminator
a table- pub style and chairs

I am hoping we can paint it.

techgrad is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

decorating lounge
Old 02-05-2020, 09:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our PTA equivalent decorated it by putting up some posters in frames and putting curtains up in the windows. They also put a placemat with salt and pepper shaker in the middle of each of the two tables. The school colors are red and black, so they used those in the curtains and placemats. Looks great.
timeforbed is online now   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 02-05-2020, 09:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

At least two, but maybe three, microwaves so there’s not always a long wait. A counter or long table off to the side to set up treats for the staff.
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 02-05-2020, 09:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Can you add some comfortable seating with a way to prop your feet up? A microwave. We had a small patio outside our lounge - completely enclosed. We got a gas grill and our old principal would often make burgers for the staff.

We also relocated our workroom to an empty classroom. More space and it made the lounge much more relaxing. We were worried that our secretary would have a hissy fit when she would need to walk across campus to save us from copier jams but she loved getting away from the main office for a break.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 02-05-2020, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I’m so jealous about some of the things I read on here. We don’t have anywhere to sit and just take few chill moments. Our “lounge” consists of coffee pot, mini-fridge, and microwave. The PTO wanted to fix an empty room to be our lounge a few years ago and admin wouldn’t go for it.

checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

It’s nice.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

The PTA partnered with a big box store and redid the lounge two years before I retired. They added a new stainless steel fridge, microwave, toaster oven, coffee pot, and blender. All the appliances matched. New blinds and curtains were added. A counter was added to the wall, kind of like a diner counter. Hot cocoa is on the counter for really cold days. A book shelf was added for staff to exchange recipes/books/magazines.
LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelby3

workroom
Old 02-05-2020, 12:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Our staff painted the walls and added some of those motivational sayings that you stick to the wall. Can't think of the proper term!
One bulletin board was devoted to teacher pockets where you could drop in affirmations.
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvsPixieDust

No lounging in our sad room...
Old 02-05-2020, 04:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It is a room with broken furniture and cast off extra things. We have a Keurig that was used heavily until a bug crawled out one day. There is a Coke machine and a die cut machine. The fridge was not replaced after it stopped working.

Sometimes tutoring takes place in that room. Sometimes I see a child unattended in there with a laptop making up work. (I have a problem with that.) The PTA stocks the restrooms with nice toiletry items. They also used to fill up buckets of candy and mints, but the candy was stolen by young visitors.

Not much privacy.

The walls are gray.
LuvsPixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

some are nice
Old 02-15-2020, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I sub in a district with a school that has a beautiful living room like break room, with some fitness equipment, a side room with another couch and sewing machine. I dunno how they find their way back to the classroom after specials... but every school in that district so far has something similar
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote