Help

The VENT

P is a Control Freak!!

>

kidsrme11

P is a Control Freak!!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

She actually makes us sit as a team in her office while we do our plans. She told us that we can't plan ahead, we MUST plan in front of her. I tried to tell her that it's impossible to get it all done in the 70 minutes given to us and that we end up having to do it on the weekend, she just said, "Yes, you can." She gets frustrated with us and makes us feel like two year olds instead of the experienced professionals we are. She also has planned our other planning times for us - telling us what we need to do. This has never been the case before. If I thought it helped our instruction I would be ok with it, but it's re-doing things that have already been done and doing things that are meaningless to everyone but her. She doesn't trust us to do our jobs.
Everyone is upset but we can't fight with her (she can also be really mean sometimes. )
I've contacted our union to see if they can help. Please cross your fingers that they do, because I might have to talk to her about it and that might not be a good thing for my future.

kidsrme11 is offline   Reply With Quote

myangel

Just wow
Old 09-20-2018, 05:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

...and this is exactly why teachers leave the profession. Lack of autonomy, not being treated as a professional and being micromanaged. I donít think I could last long with that principal. She needs a reality check.
myangel is offline   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 09-20-2018, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Oh. My. God. I have no words, except to echo what myangel said. Seriously, that is a horrific work environment. Good luck, I hope the union can help.
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Freaking P
Old 09-20-2018, 06:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That is certifiably insane. WTF happened to her that she doesn't trust anyone? Any chance you can stand up to her?
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 09-20-2018, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

OMG! Who has the time for that? I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I hope you guys can get it worked out and the union can help.

GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 09-20-2018, 07:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I hope the union can help you with this. It makes no sense, who has time for that craq including her.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

UniversalDes

Been there. Done that.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This sounds like my ex-principal only we didn't have a union in my state. Control freak principals are one the main reasons why so many teachers leave.
UniversalDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Larnow

Larnow

Just Awful
Old 09-20-2018, 09:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am wondering if you can just sort of fake it in front of her, and then embellish the plans later. I hope your principal is not observing you every other day to see that you're on the same page as everybody else. My principal was a complete control freak and would observe us religiously. He'd also check our plans. You can always think of new ideas before you plan. You know, sketches. Yes, the profession is now about treating teachers like pupils. I rebelled a lot, and that's
why I am subbing again. I hated the hand holding. I think I am going to teach adults in the near future.

mommy9298

Old 09-21-2018, 03:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I worked for a p like that for years. It’s a losing battle. Our union could do nothing since she was “doing her job”. She knew what to do and how to do it so she didn’t get in trouble. Hopefully this will die down and she finds the next thing to control. I would take my time and get as little of the plans done in the 70 minutes. Look through books, go get something you forgot, then you will have to do it at home. I agree, this is why teachers leave.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tiki

Micromanaged
Old 09-21-2018, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

That is ridiculous. I can't imagine being told I have to plan in the principal's office.

Start gathering recommendations. Even if the union can do something to help this situation this is not the person you want for a boss.

Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Elpheba8979

Elpheba8979

Sounds Like...
Old 09-22-2018, 02:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

she has a serious mental health issue. I was furious reading your post. I hope she gets the help she needs or her behavior is going to result in low moral and anxious/depressed staff. Please let us know if the conditions improve. I worked for a kooky control freak P, but this one takes the cake. I am praying for you and your fellow coworkers. xoxo

Maceola

Keltikmom's
Old 09-23-2018, 08:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

You are 100% correct about that being insane. I've never heard of anything so absurd.
Maceola is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

so sorry
Old 09-23-2018, 11:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

and hoping the union will stop her.
I have known of teachers at 1 school who got rid of a P like that....Hopefully, your staff will stand together.
That is the best way to get rid of some1 like that, imo.
People that bizarre usually do not change.
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote