Help

The VENT

why can't I be in two places at once

>

lte's mom

why can't I be in two places at once
Old 10-15-2019, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm so so torn! My husband just had knee replacement surgery last week. I've taken 5 days off so far. My class is good but there are some kids who really need stability and consistency. He is still in a lot of pain and has only been downstairs once since surgery last Tuesday. His aunt is coming over to take care of him tomorrow and his cousin is taking him to his physical therapy appointment but I feel so guilty about going back to work tomorrow.

I seriously have a pit in my stomach I'm so worried about it.

lte's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 10-15-2019, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am happy that you have family members who are willing to step up and help you out so you can go back to work. You know that if you HAVE to, you could go back and be with him.

He might be happy to have a break from you! .

I hope your day back goes without a hitch and dh has a good day, too. Good luck. Give yourself a break. It is hard when we want to be two places at the same time. I don't know if I could stay home and take care of my dh for 5 straight days. Sometimes he drives me up a wall.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

lte's mom

Old 10-15-2019, 06:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well, I 'm also taking care of his mom who suffers with Alzheimer's and is unable to walk. She's down stairs and he's upstairs. In the last three days I've climbed more than 60 flights!!! Maybe I'll get some buns of steel for my work.

I know that mentally and physically I need to get out and for peace of mind regarding work I need to go back but I'm still so worried about it.
lte's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

TchrFvr

O!m!g!
Old 10-15-2019, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I do not know how you are able to work and also help your hubby's mom (my dad has Alzheimer's...I can empathize!) and now your hubby. I am thinking about you and praying for you! They need you, and YOU need you, too. Take care of yourself...
TchrFvr is offline   Reply With Quote

caseycat

I feel your conflict but
Old 10-16-2019, 05:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You need to do what's right for you and your family first. You can think about intermittent Family Medical leave where you are out on days you need to take him to PT and Dr. appointments and in school the others. I had my parents in separate nursing homes for rehab who were released a day apart. It is overwhelming, but we do what we have to and then collapse. So make sure to take care of yourself first. The school will still be there.

caseycat is offline   Reply With Quote