Help

The VENT

Putting in another sub

>

elepen

Putting in another sub
Old 05-24-2019, 01:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Theyíre putting in another sub in my long term assignment because the behavior will escalate next week. Iím back to day to day subbing and have assignments for Tuesday and Wednesday at the same school.
I have mixed feelings about it and bummed but I believe things happen for a reason. The assistant principal gave me a choice of taking the rest of the time off or they could put me in different classes. I told him Iíd like to put the time in. At least Iím not completely chopped liver even if I feel like it.
The autistic boy screamed so loud coming back from PE that another teacher came because she thought something terrible had happened.
He was having an argument with other children and he started to scream which is something he does, just one of the many in that room crying, screaming and drama every day. This was the end of my 6 weeks.
Oh well. It should be interesting since Tuesday Iíll be subbing in 3rd grade and taking a class to the 3rd grade awards assembly.

elepen is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 05-24-2019, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Kudos to you for hanging in as long as you did with that hot mess of an assignment, and good luck to the sub or subs that take your place. Iím sure all the changes are hard on the kids, plus there are likely a few that are dreading summer, without school to look forward to as an escape from their home lives.

It should be interesting to have a perspective of the school from a completely different assignment there. Enjoy the 3rd grade awards assembly, and give us an update.

Relax and take a deep breath over the long weekend.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 05-24-2019, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you Mooba 1 for all your support

elmo33

Good for you
Old 05-24-2019, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I think it is good you are going to be in a different room.... that situation sounded terrible. The poor sub coming in is going to have a hard time. They should divide up the group and hire two subs for the few weeks
elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

elepen
Old 05-25-2019, 06:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Good for you! You made it! I think it shows how appreciated you are to be offered other assignments for the rest of the year. They know what youíve been dealing with. Now you can end school on a high note. Enjoy your daily asssignments!

Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 05-25-2019, 10:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I was in a similar situation years ago. I still cover the school to this day. I wasn’t fun enough and the class was horrible. Got replaced the last 8 days of school after killing myself for 7 weeks. Guess what? My replacement wasn’t fun enough either.

Kudos to you for hanging in and doing a great job!
Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thank you Munchkins, Elmo and Tapdance
for your support.
This would have been horrible for someone trying to get a job and would strip their confidence.
Thankfully I'm retired and doing the subbing Day to day.
I know it was for the best and God definitely shut the door because I was starting to get physical symptoms from the daily stress.

spedder1

My long term
Old 05-25-2019, 04:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I know how you feel! Thursday and Friday were great because so many kids were out. The only reason they were out is because I told the principal I didn't think I could handle 10 students with a variety of learning disabilities and behavioral issues by myself. The class has been through 3 paraprofessionals, the last quitting a week and a half ago. The principal knows she can't get anyone to sub for the para, so is putting one in the room part of the day. She actually suspended 4 of them for 2-3 days. On Tuesday 2 will come back. One Wednesday the other 2 will come back. That gives me three days with all of them. Wednesday will be Field Day, but they go with their gen ed classes. I'll join the class that the 5 worst behaved go to.

I wish you the best with your new assignments. May they be much more peaceful.
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 05-25-2019, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thank you Kathy

These students are so emotionally broken and it has been such a challenge in there alone with 17. That class desperately needed a para to help me pull groups. They all failed the SAT Reading and Math tests. Still no word on the State tests.
Have a good Summer and good luck with the time you have left in that room