Help

The VENT

Miss Late to the Game

>

cruxian

Miss Late to the Game
Old 10-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Gave a test a while ago that a number of students struggled with. Reviewed this last week, gave students the option to retake, many did better. Finally thought I'd dealt with parent complaints and could move on but nope.
"Dear Miss Late to the Game, First of all,t hanks for coping the principal on this one, our first communication. Really appreciate it. That's too bad that your DD is "devastated" to be getting a C in my class because she struggled on the last assessment. Since you mention talking to the other parents, it sounds like you know a number of students struggled with the most recent assessment. Did the other parents tell you that their children studied at home, paid attention in class, and retook their tests? And that many of them brought up their grades by doing so? And no, your DD did not retake any portion of the test last Friday and I have no idea why she told you she did. She can retake the assessment at another time if you'll review at home. More concerning to me is that (unlike most of the other students) your DD also struggled with the first test of the year, where she also earned a C (unlike 95% of students who earned As or Bs because they're common sense questions). That's been posted for more than a month. You've not expressed concern, nor has she, nor have either of you expressed interest in retaking any assessment until today. I've sent out emails. I've offered every day in class. Your DD did not take me up on it nor has she every asked questions in class. Ever. "
Blechhh.

cruxian is online now   Reply With Quote

apple annie

Old 10-07-2019, 07:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This parent would get a big ignore from me. Since she took it to the principal, obviously the principal is the one she wants to deal with. I'd consider that a gift and consider that I've been set free from this particular drama.
apple annie is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 10-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I never know how to handle parents who go to the P first. I really want to tell them to take a long walk off a short cliff but that seems unprofessional.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote