Help

Substitute Teachers

Could have gone two ways

>

mrsd5

Could have gone two ways
Old 01-12-2019, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

But luckily it didn't go to the office. Background: One of the middle school teachers has chickens and brought me a dozen eggs. Beautiful eggs with all colors-- of the rainbow. I was in an ELL classroom, so small classes - grades 6-8. I've known the 8th graders for 2 1/2 years, and they are great kids. They asked about the egg carton, so I showed them the eggs. As they were working, I heard them talking about the "huevos". Didn't think anything about it. Fast forward to last period study hall. I had 3 students, so took the time to organize all the materials. One of the papers was blank except for the following: "'J' se robo un huevo." Sure enough, one egg was missing. The prettiest egg. Called the office and told them to send "J" up WITH the missing huevo. Secretary loved it! Anyway, J showed up with no egg. Claimed complete innocence. I told him I needed the huevo by the end of the day or it would be an office matter. Five minutes later, he showed up with the missing egg. Sigh....After 20 years, I still don't get middle school students. Oh, and I waited to laugh until he went back to his study hall.

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 01-12-2019, 09:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When you said the kids were talking about huevos, I thought I knew where your post was going, especially since you sub MS. You see, here in Texas, the word “huevos” is often used in reference to certain male body parts. Glad it was simply an egg the kids were talking about...
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Haha, Mooba1
Old 01-12-2019, 09:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If I hadn't just showed them the eggs, I would have shut down their conversation.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 01-12-2019, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Oh that's too funny! I'm surprised the egg was intact!
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote