Help

Substitute Teachers

A Positive Subbing Story

>

Ima Teacher

A Positive Subbing Story
Old 03-04-2019, 03:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My students were with four different subs (3 for one day each, and 1 the rest of the days) over the past two and a half weeks while I was home with two strains of flu and pneumonia.

They all said very nice things about my classroom organization, lessons, and student behavior. The only issues reported were from the few kids who are always struggling to keep it together on any given day. I'll call that a win.

Here is to proof that middle school kids CAN behave.

Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

Old 03-04-2019, 04:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thanks for sharing this... I too have had some very positive experiences with middle school kids while subbing. I remember one day when I was called in on an emergency basis--no sub plan. I did find the teacher's plan book and it didn't take long to figure out we were in the "end of the year finish all your work" mode. The kids even helped. The regular teacher replied to my sub report explaining that she was both surprised and happy that she kept getting email from her students all day with completed projects. More proof middle school kids CAN behave!
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote