Help

Substitute Teachers

Long week

>

mommysubs

Long week
Old 03-07-2019, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone else feel like this week, and your body, is dragging? I feel like I'm running on empty and still one more day to go until, well, the weekend (my kids still get up early, but at least I don't have to do 100 things to get them ready for school and me out the door on time for work). Not to mention, my little school age kiddos haven't been sleeping well at night all week. Hoping it's not time for the next Primary School bug to hit. Been super busy with subbing all week, which isn't a bad thing, but it's been the kind of busy where you have to squeeze in the time to take a bite out of your sandwich. Today was a good day overall, but my 8th period class of 25 crazy and hormonal 7th graders was no picnic. I think I've achieved a new record for write-ups in one class period. Yep, I'm pooped. Anyone else??

mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 03-07-2019, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My week hasnít been too bad, but my own kids are college age, so they pretty much do their own thing. That alone is a huge load off my shoulders, and DHís as well.

My focus is on getting through tomorrow before Spring Break officially starts @ 3:05. Itís going to be a challenge with the crew Iíll have, but I always prevail!

It has actually been pretty calm, but after yesterday (Wednesday), I can tell that the other shoe has definitely dropped. Monday and Tuesday were uneventful, but the kids are ramping up now. The teachers mostly look very tired, and several are sick. They are just trying to hang on until tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 03-07-2019, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

mooba1, Ah the Friday before a vacation! Hope it goes quickly and uneventfully, and I hope you have a wonderful vacation too! Our spring vacation isn't until mid-April, but totally looking forward to that as well as the nicer weather and (hoping) fewer germs out to get my kids. At least one is definitely sick now, so totally looking forward to the weekend!

mooba1

Old 03-08-2019, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you, mommysubs. Iím happy to report that today went quite well, and as of 3:05 this afternoon, Iím on Spring Break.

So sorry you have a kiddo thatís illiní. Not only rough on the child, but also on Mamaó-who never gets to take a sick day. Hope you get some rest this weekend.

mommysubs

Old 03-10-2019, 02:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you, mooba1. I hope you are having a restful break. My children, of course, get up earlier on the weekends. (I will remember that when they are teenagers! ) I have been mandated to work earlier than usual for secretarial duties tomorrow morning and then it will be off to the elementary to fill in for random teachers throughout the day as they go to grief counseling. (A staff member who had been sick for the last few years passed away over the weekend.) It's going to be a very long and sad day and another very long week..

mooba1

Old 03-12-2019, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

So sorry to hear the sad news, and I hope this week has been a little less stressful than expected.

My boys always woke up by 7:00 a.m. on weekends and holidays, then adolescence hit. High school mornings were tough and sometimes required the threat of using a squirt bottle of water. Now they are in college and are somehow able to get themselves up for class and work. There is light at the end of the tunnel.