Looking for literature to compliment persuasive and expository writing - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Forget-me-not Room

Looking for literature to compliment persuasive and expository writing

>

Imperfect613

Looking for literature to compliment persuasive and expository writing
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am attempting to teach each of the Six Traits in persuasive and expository writing through short reading selections, but I am having a hard time finding literature that will highlight the Traits for each.

For example, I think Luke Baldwin's vow is good for teach ing appeal in persuasive which I imagine would be part of Idea (maybe Voice too) but I need more.

Is there a reference book that groups different lit. according to genre, grade level, and literary value with perhaps a short synopsis of each story? Even a book that would not pay attention to the Traits would be helpful - if it would group by focus or value etc.

I am also hoping that such a book would help me choose an appropriate novel for my middle school classes.

rehcaet

Book idea
Old 10-29-2011, 07:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This might be young for middle school but I used I wanna Iguana with my class this week. I teach 3rd but it might work.