Help

Smartboarders

Help needed with Morning Calendar file!

>

Munchkins

Help needed with Morning Calendar file!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I can't attach it- I think it's too big. But I have this great file I found on SMART exchange and I don't know how to use it (update the calendar each day, change the month, etc.) How do I find out? I didn't get my board yet, but I really want to use this for my morning math routine. TIA!

Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteach

Morning Meeting Calendar
Old 08-03-2013, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would love to check that out. If you found it on Smart exchange then you will need to download Smart Notebook in order to see it. Is there any way you can post the link for me to take a look? I am weak in morning meeting and could use some help.

Thank you.
NCteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Here's the link
Old 08-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

http://exchange.smarttech.com/search...rning+calendar

It's the 2nd one down on the page, and it looks perfect for what I need. I have the Notebook program downloaded on my laptop, but I can't figure out how to update the pages (for e.g..- change the month to the current one, and clear the graphs to start a new one for each month. I can figure out how to put my kids' names on the first page, but that's it so far!

I think I'm going to use the Kindergarten one that is on this page instead- I'm able to move things around and change dates and what-not. So many great resources out there!

Last edited by Munchkins; 08-03-2013 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: added something

Munchkins

I just discovered something!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If you make a new file, you can drag a page from an existing file into it! So I was able to add a new page to the kdgn. file, and drag in a page I liked from the other file I found on SMART Exchange. I updated the kdgn. one with this years' dates. I can see why this is time consuming- it's so addicting! But oh so cool!

d_ee

Old 08-04-2013, 04:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

since the calendar is for 2010, and September 2013 the first is on a Sunday so drag the 1 to Sunday, 2 to Monday, etc. This can be time consuming: easier way: Edit then choose select all locked objects. Click on one of the "padlocks:clik the dropdown menu then unlock. now all objects are unlocked. now you can click on the 1 hold the Shift key down, click on the 2, 3, 4, and 5. drag them all at one time. The month labels are on the last page, so click on the month, copy and paste it to the first page.

for the weather graph, click on the red rectangle and drag it out

hope this makes sense. Let me know if not and I will explain what you can't get to work?

dee

d_ee is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

d_ee
Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks so much- I have it all arranged the way I need it now! I expect there is a big learning curve at first, so I am grateful for all the help now, before I actually get to use it with my class. Can you believe I got my SMART Board funded through Donors Choose? I still feel like I'm dreaming! Thanks again! I will let you know if I get stuck again- there is so much great stuff out there to use!

d_ee

Old 08-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

glad it worked for you. There really is a ton to learn, but well worth it--I couldn't teach without mine
d_ee is offline   Reply With Quote

hapteacher

dee message
Old 08-08-2014, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks it takes such a long time to figure this out when starting. I use my SB a lot. Math makes sense has the text online, and I have been slowly adding new ideas. It is well worth the time and effort. There is nothing worse than having a small thing not work and having the class waiting

I have morning page that I like but was never able figure this out. We had one 60 minute training session on SB, Two years later that I got a SB.

It takes so much time to get them organized. Our staff is all over 40. Most use them very limited. Why, there is no one who can answer questions when you need help. Hoping this site will be used a lot..... Thanks again dee
hapteacher is offline   Reply With Quote