Help

Future Teachers

Shopping Around for Jobs

>

JourneyMan84

Shopping Around for Jobs
Old 04-13-2018, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently finishing up a student teaching program in ESL. With a few weeks left before graduation, I have already begun job searching. One district has already offered me a position, but the job is two hours away from where I am currently living, which would require me to relocate from Pennsylvania to Virginia. My wife has a business degree and last November she started working an entry-level job for a tech support company. The downside is that if we move, she would have to get relocated to the branch closer to where I will be working or find another job.

Having no children or other family members close to where we are currently living gives us some flexibility in our relocation decisions. I always grew up with the philosophy that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. It may be advantageous to take a job offer now and relocate or keep searching this summer until something closer becomes available.

Then, there is always the concern if I accept job offer A, but then job offer B comes around which is a much more favorable option. So, how do you play the field so to speak when you are in the job hunting stage?

JourneyMan84 is offline   Reply With Quote