Help

Second Grade

Flex seating

>

bedazzled1

Flex seating
Old 07-14-2018, 01:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was planning on replacing all student chairs with stools and/or balls this year. My dh thinks it will be very uncomfortable for kiddos. We do move around frequently throughout the day.... anyone use stools or balls? Let me know your thoughts or experience.

Thanks

bedazzled1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tsy2013

Old 07-14-2018, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My kids have stools, pillows, and rugs. I think you need to keep a few chairs and regular seating as some kids may prefer that.
Tsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Smurfyteach

Not sure of the grade for sure but I tried it
Old 07-15-2018, 02:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi, big decision and I tried and reverted back...... I'm sure there are pros, like independence and movement, but there are many cons. So it could seem easier for you and the room can look 'pretty'.... but it is not fair to students.
If you do it, be consistent- all the classes in at least the grade level and above should.
I think the students need their own space and storage area for their things. Also, if ALL children in the class want a proper desk and chair at the same time, they should have a right to have them! As a parent too, I would want my child to have their own place- ie. a desk!
Remember, posture is so important as they do writing. Handwriting neatness in their books, (especially in Grades 1-3) is the first thing that will disappear. So will your pencils, haha.
Be Smurfy
Smurfyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

javamomma

Seating
Old 07-17-2018, 01:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have some options in my class, but everyone has an assigned table. If your time at special seats does not work for you, back to your regular seat you go.
javamomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

I tried wobble stools
Old 07-17-2018, 01:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I got a wobble chair for every student from a grant. At first they loved them, then they all wanted their chairs back!

I now have traditional desks, but they have a bar so they can rest their feet on it. I have a few standing desks as an option for those who need to stand while they work. I have wobble cushions and regular cushions they can use on their chairs if they need them. Once anything turns into a distraction they go back to the basics.

I do think it's important to have options, but in addition to their desk and chair, not in place of them.

Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote