First Grade

Nonstop talkers

>

FirstBurst

FirstBurst

Nonstop talkers
Old 08-29-2018, 02:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have the most talkative bunch Iíve ever had. Iím at a loss for what to do at this point. Weíre a month into the school year and it isnít getting any better. I do a dojo reward system, but also use marbles in class for each individual child so they can actually see it. They can ďshopĒ with them once a week. Iíve been doing words on the board and taking away letters for noise warnings. They lose them all every day and then sit SILENTLY for recess. Iíve offered an end of the day special activity (game, go noodle, etc) if they can keep ANY of the letters) How can they possibly do it then but then canít do it for 30 seconds all day?? Weíve done talking/blurting books with class discussion. Nothing is working and Iím not going to let this hurt their learning all year. I canít ecen imagine when I start trying to pull reading groups. Iíd love any ideas.

For reference. 32 kids, fairly even balance of boys and girls.

inkheart73

Whole brain teaching
Old 10-21-2018, 02:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Use their talking to your advantage with whole brain teaching. It's a wonderful program that gives kids lots of opportunities to talk on task. Little ones need to talk and it's often the best way for them to process new information (in my opinion). Focusing their talking to something useful is the key to taking some control of the situation. It has worked wonders for my class of talkative firsties.
inkheart73 is offline   Reply With Quote