Help

Kindergarten

small groups

>

Vet3Teacher

small groups
Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey I am a Title 1 teacher I am looking for more ideas to solidify fluency to 5 (adding), number ID to 20 and 10 frames/5 frames...
I feel like I've exhausted the activities I have used. Thanks in advance!

Vet3Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 02-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have them practice fluency to 5 in quite a few different ways - playing memory, matching clothespins with equations on them to number cards, putting popsicle sticks with equations on them into cups with the answer written on it, domino sorts, pocket chart sorts, rolling dice to make equations, and good old fashioned flash cards (when we project them onto the tv they seem to be "fun" ). I also like having them jump, snap, clap, etc. the answer instead of just saying it to get them moving.

With tens frames, I feel like every time I change the manipulative to fill the tens frame they become new and interesting. Lakeshore also has some great tens frame dice for dice games, as well as tens frames cards for card games. I made some giant tens frames on bulletin board paper that we use on the floor with shoes, books, stuffed animals, whatever we have on hand or things that go with our unit of study.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote