Help

Kindergarten

Build a Rhyming C-V-C Word

>

iteachk2010

Build a Rhyming C-V-C Word
Old 03-03-2019, 11:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Here is a rhyming word activity that I made in Google Slides. I only did c-v-c words to make it easier. There are 4 slides. The first three have the activity. The fourth slide is a blank activity mat. You can add your own clip art to make your own activity.

There are different ways to use it. You can print out the slides and laminate the sheets or put them in plastic sheet protectors. Then have the students use dry erase marker to fill in the letters or you can have them use magnetic letters or Unifix Letter Cubes. You can assign the GS in Google Classroom. Students can add text boxes to fill in the letters or you could add text boxes with the letters to the slides before assigning and place the letters on the side of the slide for students to drag to the slide. You can use each slide as a template to create an activity in the Seesaw app.

Students name the first picture and fill in the beginning sound (onset). They name the second picture and fill in the beginning, middle, ending sounds. (I included a rectangle around the rime part for added support for students who struggle with rhyming words.) Finally, they use the onset from the first picture with the rime from the second picture to make a word that rhymes with the name of the second picture.

Here is the link Build a Rhyming C-V-C Word. I have it set to Make a Copy so you can have your own copy.

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 03-03-2019, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Wow, that's great! Thanks for sharing.
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 03-03-2019, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for sharing!