Help

Future Teachers

Need advice on what to do

>

missLlama

Need advice on what to do
Old 07-05-2018, 08:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I graduated from college with a Bachelors of science in Elementary education with a concentration in Mathematics. At that point I choose not to teach due to some situations that happened during my final year. I let them get to me instead of pushing forward. That said I've been praying latley to step back into what I studied for; however, I am lost on what to do.

I know I need to complete the praxis exams required but I'm not sure at this point which ones I need for KY. As well what I need to do to get certtified in my state.

Can anyone help guide me in the direction I need? Please and thank you!

missLlama is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 07-06-2018, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would guess you could find all that information online on your state education website.
lisa53 is online now   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Advice
Old 07-21-2018, 09:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would highly suggest you e-mail the state department of education. They should have contact information for a licensing person on their site. It will probably take awhile to get back to you, I think my state has a 2 week window for them to respond, so it takes sometime, but then you have your answer.

Did you graduate college from the state where you currently live? If so, I would contact someone from your university, perhaps a professor you had a close relationship with, the student teacher/field experience coordinator, the chair, or the dean. They should be able to help you.

As you wait, depending on the rules in your state, you might be able to get a job subbing or as an aid. That might help you get your feet wet a little without having your own classroom just yet. It might also give you more verification if this career is for you or not.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

MathGuy1982

Old 09-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was like you, did everything but the student teaching. Your best bet is to call your state education office, which unfortunately sometimes takes a while. I wish it could be faster for them to respond.
MathGuy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote