Help

Second Grade

Weekly behavior reports?

>

3monkeys

Weekly behavior reports?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you send a weekly behavior report home with all of your students? Yes? No? If so, what kind of report do you use? TIA

3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

javamomma

Yes
Old 08-09-2018, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a weekly sheet in each students folder. They color either:
Happy face = great day
Straight face = warning ( my students gave me a ticket)
A space for me to write about behavior incident that may ha e required a notebook sign
javamomma is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I created a half sheet weekly report. it's just a simple insert a table on Word. It has a space for each day's behavior and work completion. If they stayed on green on our clip chart and completed all work, they get two stamps. If they moved a clip or didn't complete work due to playing around, I write a brief explanation in the square. One of my helper jobs is for a student to stamp the weekly reports each day. These reports go home on Thursday and are returned on Friday with a parent signature.
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Gigi814

Old 08-10-2018, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use gold tags for behavior management. I bought a packet off of TPT that came with weekly certificates. I fill it in over the weekend and it goes home on Monday. I check off if the student made great choices all week, if their behavior has improved, or if they need to work on something. If I feel a parent needs to know how their child is doing on a daily basis, I use the chart included in the packet or I create something based on the needs of that child.
Gigi814 is offline   Reply With Quote

raelyn

Behavior Sheet
Old 08-13-2018, 09:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I send home a daily Homework/Behavior Sheet for each of my students. It lists each day's homework assignments, school/class events, and each day's special( gym, music, art, ect.) I also have a box for stamping a smiley face-good day, straight face- so-so day or missing homework, and sad face-bad day. The parents sign it each and send it back to school. I also use it to write notes and respond to parent concerns. It's a great way to document and has saved me a few times. I make sure to make a copy or if pressed for time take a picture with my phone when necessary.

raelyn is offline   Reply With Quote

EarthMonkey

Old 08-15-2018, 07:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

No, I do not use a report for the children on behavior. The only way I use such is for specific children who need a bit of extra support.

Parents usually have a pretty good idea of how the kid is doing and the kid knows for sure how they are doing.
EarthMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

MAMASUZE

I agree...
Old 08-19-2018, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I agree with Earth Monkey, if parents need a daily report they will ask for one. I have 24 students with 9 of those sped. I don't have time during the day to even go to the bathroom must less fill out a behavior chart.
MAMASUZE is offline   Reply With Quote

EllaKate

Old 08-21-2018, 08:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I use a monthly calendar that has "codes" at the bottom that I got off TPT. I've used it for the past three years and really like it.

I stamp their calendar each night (well, my student helper does) with a smiley stamp if they had a good day. Each "behavior" has a code - let's a "9" is "misbehaved in specials." I'd write in the box "Art - throwing paint." This way the parents know what's going on each day. It literally takes less than ten minutes to stamp all the folders.
EllaKate is offline   Reply With Quote

Daffodil

Old 08-25-2018, 04:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

We send daily reports. Most of the kids get a smiley face or tiny sticker each day. It boils down to a few that make poor choices, so really only writing in a few, if any, each day. It's great documentation for conduct grades, too.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With Quote