Kindergarten

Beginning, Middle, End

>

KoolKinder18

Beginning, Middle, End
Old 10-28-2018, 09:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone,

How do you introduce beginning,middle, end to students?
My team decided that we will use familiar nursery rhymes for BME. Iím trying to think of a mini-lesson for teaching BME before actually jumping into looking at BME for a story/nursery rhyme. I was thinking of having a picture cut up into 3 parts to represent BME & then explain the components. Any other ideas for mini-lessons for BME? Should I focus on 1 nursery rhyme for an entire week?

KoolKinder18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 10-28-2018, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We have a few different graphic organizers we use. In September we always do a book study with different versions of Goldilocks, so that's where we start. Then we revisit it throughout the year with different books. When I talk about it with them, I usually talk about the beginning first, then the end, and then we tackle the middle which is always the hardest part.

I don't think you'd need one nursery rhyme for the whole week. I'd probably use one to teach the concept, and then a new one each day to review it, and one at the end of the week for them to do on their own to show understanding.
Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

whatever

I agree with using a visual
Old 10-28-2018, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One of the series I learned over the years said that even if you don't use pictures, use three colored cards or three tokens. As you review the BME, push one of the tokens forward for each section.

It's been said using a physical manipulative somehow cements it in the student's minds.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote