Help

Kindergarten

creek activities

>

Sbkangas5

creek activities
Old 02-14-2019, 07:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am so excited - with all of the rain we've had we will have water in the creek when we do our field trip to the park next week! Yay! It will be cold and wet and wonderful. All of the other teachers think I'm insane. I can't wait!

I am hoping to bring some boat building materials. We did it in class a month or two ago and they loved it, so this will be perfect. But I'd also love some other science related activities as well since we spend all day there. Any fun suggestions for activities, or other things to bring for creek play?

Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 02-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'd probably go old school with small buckets and funnels. I know you will, but I'd also let them dictate the play. Lemme think on it. We don't have anywhere within walking distance with water, so this is outside my realm.

I'm so excited for you and your kids!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 02-15-2019, 10:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My gd and I go out rain or shine and visit several creeks. Leaf,rock and stick play is what she does. I have started a nature jar with her as well.. similar to the Waldorf Nature table. I agree with Zia..let the play be free form Have fun!
anna is online now   Reply With Quote

whatever

When we took kids to an outdoor adventure
Old 02-15-2019, 10:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

with a creek, one of the activities was similar to panning for gold. The creek was "salted" ahead of time with faux gold nuggets (spray painted rocks) and gems (arts and crafts type.)

If you cannot go ahead of time to do it, see if you can sneak even a few steps ahead to do it. It is lots of fun and excitement.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

kindiesarefun

Old 02-20-2019, 09:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Yay! Nothing better than water play! When we take our classes to the forest we have a small stream for them to play in. I let them direct their own play and they end up doing all the things you would expect...experimenting with float and sink, building boats from sticks and leaves, investigating the flow of the stream by watching how things move. I always bring a variety of containers as well and just let the kids have at it!

kindiesarefun is offline   Reply With Quote