Help

Retired Teachers

Time perspective

>

Hideeho

Time perspective
Old 02-25-2019, 11:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Even though I live in a small town, I have run into few people from my school days.

I ran into a parent today in Kroger, and I could tell two aisles down that it took her that long to remember who I am.

Just thought this was interesting since I felt teaching happened in my life just yesterday, wasn't it

(This was a Mom to whom it was imperative that her children have all A's from the get-go so they'll be Valedictorian when seniors. I was her children's first grade teacher, surely one to remember, right? too funny)

Hideeho is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

The opposite for me...
Old 02-25-2019, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am so bad recognizing faces! I belong to a local gym that borders the town I taught in. I have seen several parents in there. If they don't identify themselves and they were from years ago, I have no clue unless they tell me their names. I also have a couple of teachers in the gym who retired from the district. I have no trouble recognizing them! .
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

grade2rocks

Old 02-25-2019, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have had people come up and talk to me (in a shopping mall), and ask BY NAME about my family members, and know all about our family, and I can't place them! Besides being a teacher, my husband is a pastor, so there are many folks we've been acquainted with over the years.

Finally I've had to ask..."I'm sorry... I know your face...but how do I know you?". Embarrassing.

Turns out in this case, our sons played baseball from age 6 to 18, and I sat next to her many, many hours. Probably as many as I spent with my school class children.
grade2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote