Help - ProTeacher Community

crockpotqueen

Help
Old 07-09-2013, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have gained 10 permanent lbs after each child...so i want to lose 30 lbs..ok, I'd be happy w/ 20. That doesn't seem like a lot, but I've been working at it for a month and have last only a couple pounds. I don't snack anymore. I'm eating a lot more vegetables. I'm using the stair stepper...nothing. I'm so depressed. What do i need to do to get this going?

csb/5th

Old 07-09-2013, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi crockpotqueen! Hang in there! Sounds like you are doing the right things by eating better and exercising. You know what they say about when you start exercising. The scales go up at first. Try drinking more water. Every time I read about someone's weight loss, drinking water is one of the tricks that they say seems to help. I have stopped weighing. I now go by how my clothes feel. I may weigh at the end of the summer just to see where I am, but I hate getting disappointed, so . . . I just don't do it. Continue what you are doing. Those pounds are bound to come off!!!! Easier said than done, right?

crockpotqueen

Thanks
Old 07-10-2013, 01:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks..I have been drinking more water, but you know how that is for teachers. We are like camels with bladders of steel. However, the good news is I'll be out of the regular classroom next fall so I might have time to pee. I do have to make a real effort to remember to drink. Oh...and I've sworn off all soda too...even diet. I'm an iced tea girl now.

I wonder if now that it's summer and I'm not constantly running on empty/adrenaline that I'm kind if breaking even with my activity level. Maybe I need to spend a lot more time on the stair stepper.

csb/5th

Old 07-10-2013, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You have a point about our summer activity. When we are at school, we are up and at 'em all day long. We never rest! We walk the halls, walk and stand in our classroom, walk out to recess, stand on duty, etc. So . . . I think we do have to up our exercise during the summer. I know that for me I haven't been nearly as active this summer as I am during the school year. This has just for whatever reason been one of those lazy summers for me. :sigh: I wish I could start the summer over and change that. I have done much better during previous summers.

Now . . . I need to get off this computer and get in there and exercise!!! I have some Leslie Sansone walking dvd's that I do during the day. I am heading in now to do one. I also need to get my elliptical out and dust it off. Ellipticals are great for exercise! I like to put mine in front of the tv to help pass the time.

Keep at it!!!!! What you are doing will pay off!!!!!!