Paraprofessional Internal Transfer (mid-year) - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Paraprofessionals

Paraprofessional Internal Transfer (mid-year)

>

ParaCT

ParaCT

Paraprofessional Internal Transfer (mid-year)
Old 09-15-2013, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone transferred schools (within the district) after the school year began? If so, what was the process (online transfer form, who makes the decision) and why did you decide to transfer voluntarily?

Thanks

broomrider

I haven't, but
Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

many others have transferred after the school year began. Mostly they are teachers who are moved from a school with not enough students to justify the staff numbers to another school with higher than expected enrollment. This usually happens after Census Day when official enrollment numbers are confirmed for each school and class.

Sometimes, those with the least seniority in the grade needed fewer teachers are moved, sometimes volunteers are allowed first from any grade.

I've never seen paras moved this way.

If you have an association representing you, I'd ask them about procedures if you want to transfer.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

I have not
Old 09-16-2013, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Has anyone transferred schools (within the district) after the school year began?
No, but our school system sometimes switches paras to other schools during the school year. They are no longer hiring paras, are phasing them out. When a need arises at another school, they take a para from a school with less need.

If so, what was the process (online transfer form, who makes the decision)
Call to HR, they will ask to update letter of intent, and if another position opens, they might let the para transfer. The principal has a right not to let the para go if his school still has the need for that para, because it is unlikely that para will be replaced.

and why did THEY decide to transfer voluntarily?
Various reasons: more convenient travel to certain schools, want to get away from certain administration, think the grass is greener...

Keep in mind all school systems are different and have different policies in place.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ParaCT

ParaCT

Transfers
Old 09-17-2013, 04:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you so much