Fall Bulletin Board Contest Entries

>

Staff

Editor

Staff
Fall Bulletin Board Contest Entries
Old 09-28-2013, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Here are all the wonderful entries from our 2013 Fall Bulletin Board Contest. Thanks to everyone who shared their creative ideas!

TWOFETHRS

Click, Clack Quack!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our kindergarten class has been learning word families and rhymes, so what better way to do that than with a farm unit and the humor of animals! We read many farm books and graphed our favorite animal. The students then made their own farm animal puppet out of toilet paper tubes. Because we are learning about characters and setting, and the strategy of sequencing and retelling a story, they collaborated on making a collage (brown paper) of a farm setting and used the puppets to re-tell the story Giggle, Giggle, Quack by Doreen Cronin. We worked on rhymes and word families by making a farm rhyme flip book (books at the top and bottom) and created more giggles by using animals and composing sentences: "a pig with a wig", "a lamb eating ham", " a cow taking a bow", etc. We practiced rhyme by lining up the puppets and giving clues such as: “I rhyme with pen. I am a _____. for the children to point to the correct animal. We finished the unit by adapting the story Click, Clack, Moo:Cows That Type, also by Doreen Cronin, and making a class book Blick, Black Boo:Kids That Type and writing a letter to our principal on what we LIKE about our school!
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Teach4

Fall Fun
Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This board is right outside my classroom door. The materials are simple - chart paper for the background and preprinted border around the edge. The leaves are done on yellow copy paper. Each student was given two leaves. On one leaf, they drew pictures of all the things they love about fall. On the other leaf, they wrote about things they love to do in autumn. I added some leaves to the fox that sits outside my door and I was ready to go. I think it coordinates nicely with the door decorations and brightens up the hallway a bit.
Attachment

TchMe

Swing into 3rd Grade
Old 10-14-2013, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This is my welcome board from the first week of school. I teach third grade and incorporated a jungle theme into my classroom this year. The main tree was purchased as part of a bulletin board set. The additional vines and leaves were created by scrunching and twisting green butcher paper for a 3-D effect. Each student was given a monkey to color and cut. The students really enjoyed cutting the spiral tails. (It was also a good exercise to see who has sufficient fine motor skills!) I had the students help me hang the monkeys. I like this board because it is colorful and inviting!
Attachment

philomath

Virtual Pumpkin Patch
Old 10-14-2013, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

First grade math students created these Jack-O'-Lanterns in partners on the computer. Using a color by number hundreds chart created by Lil' Country Kindergarten, I adapted it to for use on the computer with the program abcya.com (under 2nd grade math hundreds chart). The children "painted" by number online in teams. Screen shots were taken and then printed and displayed in this Virtual Pumpkin Patch.

Attachment

maddog13

funny animals
Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Our school theme this year is "Wild About Learning" so I decided to create a bulletin board for the beginning of the school year that would be fun for the kids. All of the kids love wearing mustaches so I wanted to play on that idea. My bulletin board says, " I "mustache" you... Are you ready to learn?" I have different mustaches on several different animals which look really funny. The kids love this bulletin board. It just makes you smile. I hope you enjoy!
Attachment

GiantSubs

The Monster Match!
Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Every year, I encourage my fifth graders to write descriptively. I talk about how important details are so that the reader can picture what the writer is saying. Nothing drives that point home more than The Monster Match assignment, which is perfect for an October theme!

I teach three classes of Writing a day, with a total of 66 students. Each child write one descriptive paragraph about a monster he/she created and draws a picture of that monster on a piece of white construction paper. I then give a different child just the descriptive essay, and his/her task is to draw that monster from the details that are given. It only takes a few minutes of reading for the students to realize that without enough detail, they can't get a clear picture in their head about what the monster looks like! This leads into a wonderful discussion about making sure we add plenty of details to our writing. Once the children draw, or attempt to draw, the monster, I hold up the original picture and the one just drawn. I'm always surprised at how close the majority of children can get!

The child who just drew the picture then writes a story about an adventure they had with that monster. For the bulletin board, I put the original picture on the left side of a piece of construction paper, the story in the middle, and the picture drawn from the description on the right. With 66 of these, I wallpaper the entire hall! These are always a big hit with not only my students, but all the younger students who walk the halls.
Attachment

Mr.NJ

Haunted Writing & Math
Old 10-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Here is just a small portion of my Halloween display. In math students reviewed their multiplication with "creepy" and "scary" word problems involve one-digit by one-digit multiplication. Visitors open each window to find the answer.

In writing we have been working on descriptive sentences that paint a picture. Using a story starter students about a "spooky" Halloween. These are must reads!

The "Haunted House" sign is an extra addition to these great student samples!
Attachment

teachermrse

Fall in Love with Math Lattice us show you...
Old 10-20-2013, 02:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

This is a BB I did the year we were using the Lattice multiplication method. PARENTS were really struggling with this concept so we created a board with student work to teach the new strategy we were using!
Attachment

Cart4224

When We Grow We Learn
Old 10-20-2013, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am an Early Childhood Special Education teacher in NJ. Our district serves a mix of military and civilian children and their families. My students are 3-6 years old with special needs. My students disabilities do not define who they are. This is why I work so hard to create a 21st Century classroom that will help their strengths and abilities shine through and this includes inspiring bulletin boards. The Busy Bee Class works hard on a daily basis and sometimes we need the inspiration to continue on our path to success!

Attachment

Glad2beme

Happy Halloween
Old 10-23-2013, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

This is a fun 3D Haunted House. The house is made of tag board, and the foundation and steps are styrofoam. There's a tissue paper fire in the fireplace which was started by the dragon in the basement. There are ghosts in the living room made of clear plastic. Alfred Hitchcock stands in the center room, while Mother Bates rocks in the upstairs room. The spooky characters outside are all made of papier mâché. My students dressed paper cut-outs to wear what they plan to be on Halloween. We use the bulletin board to give us ideas for writing Halloween stories.
Attachment

spud93

Everyone is a winner!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

At the beginning of every school year we have a school wide theme for decorating our doors or bulletin boards. This year our theme was “Everyone is a Winner” using a game or sport. This bulletin board was based off of an idea I saw on the internet. The Twister mat was used to encourage students to “Start your year on the right foot”. Cutouts of feet and hands were placed on the Twister mat and subjects like math, reading, art, music, etc. were written on the cutouts as well as Character Counts traits. This bulletin board was a focal point in the hallway at our school because it was located directly outside our media center and near the gym/lunchroom area. The letter cutouts and border are fun, bright and grab your attention!
Attachment

CinnamonToast

Once there was a tree...
Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Once there was a tree…

This bulletin board was made specifically to inspire and motivate children to read. I purposefully put it up in October as that is the kick-off month for the Book-It program.

As a special treat during our seat work time, the children are able to take a break from their regular work and read the "bulletin board book." They LOVE the opportunity to get up, stretch, and take a step away from the daily routine, even if only for just a few moments.

The board is backed with a green and cream gingham fabric and has a paper border.

An over sized tree is mounted on the left side of the board. The trunk is made of brown bulletin board background paper, and the leaves are made of green tissue paper. His fun face is made out of card stock.

“Once there was a tree…” is mounted on the wall above the bulletin board.
“and she loved a little boy.” is mounted on the board itself.

I traced a picture of the illustration and my daughter and I colored it with oil based Cray Pas. The apples on the board were made with an Ellison cutter. The leaf on each apple was traced and cut out then folded down the middle to help it stand out just a bit.

The title and author of the book is mounted on the left hand side near the tree trunk, and the rest of the book, I typed out and mounted on green construction paper.
Attachment

Seaglass1212

Autumn Harvest
Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

In our preschool disabled class, we are learning about autumn harvest. The children made "corn on the cob" and we placed the corn in the field. The children finger painted a pumpkin and we put them on a vine in the farmer's field. We talked about how pumpkins grow on vines. We then made crows, and explained how the crows like to eat the farmer's crops. We read a story about a scarecrow, "The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid Of Anything". In the story the little old lady ventures out to pick berries and herbs, and is followed by shoes, pants, shirt, gloves, hat and a pumpkin head. They all try to scare her. She tells them to all get together and form a scarecrow because she needs something to scare away the crows from her crops. The children then made a scarecrow for our harvest scene and we put him in the field with crows all around him.
The children enjoyed watching our scene grow as we completed the unit on autumn harvest.
Attachment

carlfrog

"Howdy Kindies" Barn
Old 10-25-2013, 12:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

This bulletin board was made at the beginning of the 2013/2014 school year to welcome Kindergarteners to our western themed classroom! After the first week of school, the "barn" is used to hang student work. You may notice the small yellow badges on the barn- each student's name is written on each one. After their classroom work is displayed, the badge is placed by their work for identification.

This bulletin board was made with:
Butcher paper- red, brown, black, white
Cardstock- Tan
Die cuts-"Welcome Kindies"
Western Computer Font- "Giddy Up for Good Work"
Black border- around the outside of the barn
Sheriff badges and wagon wheel- purchased at local teacher store
Attachment

DinoMonster

Superhero Lair
Old 10-25-2013, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Outside of my classroom are two large display cases. We are given freedom to decorate them however we wish. This year I decided to make one of my cases a permanent all year case. I have a superhero themed classroom so my display is also superhero themed. It is titled Superhero Lair, Third Grade Rocks. The case is decorated with various superhero items. There is a big Superman symbol on one side of the case (a wall sticker), several Superman capes, a Batman Grappling Hook, Batman symbols are hanging from the ceiling, Captain America's Shield, an old school red telephone, Batman's mask, a sign about Superhero Behavior and bottles containing invisibility, gravity, ect. The background is blue fadeless paper and the letters were created on the computer by my mom. There are various fabrics (colored or superheroes) used to cover boxes that are creating different heights to display things. I apologize about the picture, only one side of the display case opens and there is too much reflections to take pictures with both doors closed.
Attachment