Help

Paraprofessionals

Will I get hired?

>

Cookieinbk

Will I get hired?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

A school called me about a week and a half ago asking me if I want a permanent para position. I told them yes. I started subbing there last Monday and have been there everyday last week. Everything is going well and the teacher asked the principal to keep me full time. How long do you think I will have to sub before I am given the position full time? And is there anything that I could do to make them want to hire me faster?

Cookieinbk is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercury

Mention
Old 01-12-2014, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have you mentioned to them that they called you about a permanent para position? That is where I would start.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote

Cookieinbk

Old 01-12-2014, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hello. I was thinking of saying that. Maybe I will say that tomorrow. I'm just worried that I might sound too pushy.

twin2

I'm confused
Old 01-15-2014, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Something doesn't add up. Who called you and asked you if you wanted a permanent para position? Did you make an assumption, or did you misunderstand? Are you sure they did not just put you into a long term sub position?

I've read your other two posts. The school system I work for doesn't just call someone and ask them if they want a job. That would only happen with a substitute position, if the substitute is already in the sub system. It is possible that they will call a substitute they have worked with before to offer a long term sub position.

If you have not been interviewed, then I would not expect a permanent position. Most public school districts are obligated to post the position and interview a set number of candidates.

I'm sorry. I am speculating. I could be completely wrong.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cookieinbk

Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks for the advice. I still have the voice message on my phone from the secretary saying that they want to hire me full time. I thought it was a little weird too. But that's what was told to me. I spoke with the secretary again and she said that I'm defiantly getting hired. But I don't know when or if I'm even being told the truth.