Help

Paraprofessionals

What's a Classroom Para to do without a Lesson Plan

>

ihavaquestion

What's a Classroom Para to do without a Lesson Plan
Old 10-31-2015, 01:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

As a Classroom Para, I'm working with a teacher who does not share her lesson plan with me. For some reason I get a sense that she does not have one ready? I feel this way because when I ask to see it she says, "Just Grab Some Kids". I often feel that the Students are suffering because the teacher is not preparing me for what I'm supposed to do.What should I do?

ihavaquestion is offline   Reply With Quote

Prioress

Old 11-01-2015, 02:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm a para, as well as a teacher (I work as a para). I would not expect a teacher to show me her lesson plans. Lesson plans vary depending on the teacher (experience, style, how many years they've taught the material). Are you confusing lesson plan with overall daily schedule? I don't see why any para needs the actual lesson plans.

I suggest you find some time to sit with the teacher and ask her explicitly -what are your expectations? Sometimes I feel unprepared - can we talk about how to resolve this?
Prioress is offline   Reply With Quote

Tsy2013

?!
Old 11-24-2015, 11:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I was a para and I'm a teacher now. Lesson plans was never shared with me and I don't share with my para. I do let her know what skill she is working on, it's up to her how she redelievers.
Tsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

keepcalmon

Old 11-25-2015, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I wouldn't assume she doesn't have one; she most likely attempting to have you assist students that need more help or refocusing on a skill. I do not share my plans with my para but I tell her what she is working on with a group, or tell her what students to call up to provide extra assistance or redirection. I also provide her with the materials.
keepcalmon is offline   Reply With Quote