Help

National Board Certification

National Board Component 3

>

PullmanTeach

National Board Component 3
Old 12-12-2019, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Working on National Board Certification. During taping my video that I really want to use, I accidently mention the name of my town. Can I edit the video to take this out and count it as one of my edits or do I take the chance and leave it?
Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks for any help you can give me!

PullmanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

WhyHello

Old 12-12-2019, 08:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

you can't edit it out, no. there are very specific rules for editing. you can have up to 2, and these are the only reasons:

Quote:
 moving a whole class into a different physical instructional setting such as a lab, a
gymnasium, or outdoors
 responding to safety drills
 changing the battery in the video camera
there is some ambiguity in the rules when it comes to stating your city in a video.

this is the rule about identifying information like city names being posted anywhere in your room, but it doesn't say anything about if you say it out loud:

Quote:
Scan the environment in which you plan to record your videos to avoid visual cues
that reveal your or your students’ names, your school or facility name, city, state,
or other information included in “Guidelines for Referring to People, Institutions,
and Places.”
and here's the rule for your written commentary, but again, it doesn't say you're not allowed to say your city name aloud in your videos:

Quote:
Your city, county, or state. Refer to these only as “my city,” “my county,” or “my
state.”
i wouldn't chance it, but that's just me. others may have different input.
WhyHello is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 12-13-2019, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Please read the most current version of your C3 directions. As PP said, there are only very specific instances in which you can make edits and what you describe is absolutely an unauthorized edit.

I wouldn't worry too much about having said it. Don't ever TYPE any surnames or school/district/city/state names, but having it said or seen (lanyards/posters/banners/name tags, etc.) in the video is fine. It's part of an authentic teaching environment. I teach K and my kids said my name 387343476767564758548 times in my vids.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sarah1748

C3
Old 12-13-2019, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was introducing a book for one of my videos, and part of the lesson was about how the book takes place in our city. It wasn't an issue. Plus, I can't control the fact that my students wear Seahawks gear or shirts with the school name an logo on it. Again, it wasn't an issue because I didn't type any of this information, and I didn't say or type surnames, etc. Good luck!
Sarah1748 is offline   Reply With Quote

PullmanTeach

Old 12-13-2019, 11:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Your replies are all very helpful!
Thank you for your time and input!

PullmanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote