Is there such a thing as a professional finder for hire? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Is there such a thing as a professional finder for hire?

>

Hifiman

Is there such a thing as a professional finder for hire?
Old 12-22-2019, 11:08 AM

Seriously, I need one. I have some goo on my computer that I want gone. I know I have two bottles of Goo Gone. Why two? I bought the second one after I couldnít find the first one. After I opened the second one I came across the first one. Now I cannot find either bottle. I looked here. I looked there. During my looking I came across a bottle of isopropyl alcohol that works nearly as well at making goo gone, but I wanted Goo Gone.

As I continued searching I found an unopened package of large wire nuts. I needed these so badly a week ago. I didnít find any so I bought some. Great. I now know I have a bunch of new ones I will soon forget the location of and be unable to find them. Finally I gave up the search for Goo Gone and decided on the alcohol, BUT I couldnít remember where that bottle was. I went to the spot I recalled seeing it, but it wasnít there. Eventually I found it out in the garage and I am working on making my computer goo-free.

This happens all the damn time. Iím tired of looking for crap that I know I have but cannot find. I would like a professional finder on retainer. Do they exists?

Hifiman is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 12-22-2019, 11:25 AM

Did you by any chance find the box of screws my DH was looking for? He went and bought some!

My new years goal is to purge and have a place for EVERYTHING and we need to out it where it belongs when done. I'm just as guilty!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

giver1940

Most of the time,
Old 12-22-2019, 12:26 PM

I guess I'm pretty lucky. I'm the queen of plastic shoe boxes and totes. Everything like the stuff you're talking about is in a tote, shoe box, or box with little drawers and all are labeled.

Shouldn't have posted this because now I won't find whatever I look for next.
giver1940 is online now   Reply With Quote