BusyBoard

Creating your own worksheets

>

hiker1

Creating your own worksheets
Old 12-23-2019, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello All,
I'm not very good with google docs although I am trying. I would like to create my own worksheets. Does anyone know where I can look to use step by step instructions on creating worksheets? I'm hoping to make a blank template and just change the text in each section to fit the different needs in my class. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 12-23-2019, 08:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I imagine there are some videos on youtube on creating templates, although I haven't used them.

I would also consider using slides to do that in. Sometimes it is much easier to manipulate or make changes in since everything is its own text box. I have gone to doing most of my stuff in slides for that reason.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

Sasha B

Old 12-23-2019, 08:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with using Slides or PowerPoint to create worksheets. It is so much easier to work with. Another advantage is that you can create a template and then just duplicate the slide and make changes to the new slide while keeping your template the same.

This blog has a tutorial on using PowerPoint
https://collaboratinginkinder.com/20...erpayteachers/
Sasha B is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 12-23-2019, 10:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree with PPs. It is much easier to do in Google Slides or PPT. You can manipulate clip art and text boxes so much easier. I rarely use Google Docs because I get so frustrated when I can't moves things where I want them to go.

You have a couple of options-make a copy of the slide (new presentation) and edit it or duplicate the slide within the presentation and edit that. There is another option that I do when creating a template. I hope that I can explain it. I like to have the background locked.

If you want the template to never change, you can make it and use the template as the background so that part is locked and can't be edited. Then add text boxes to the sections where you want the text that you need to edit. You don't have to worry about accidentally moving/changing something and can easily edit the text.

First you open a new Google Slide. Click on File. Scroll down to Page setup.
Click on the drop-down arrow where you see it says widescreen and click on custom. Make it 8.5 x 11 (for portrait view) or 11 x 8.5 (for landscape view) so it is the size of the paper for the worksheet. Click Apply. I close themes and select a blank layout to start.

Next, create the template you want in the Google Slide. (If directions stay the
same, I add text boxes and put those in the template.) Then click File. Select Download as JPEG image. This saves the image of the slide on your computer. (I save it in my Pictures to make it easier for me to find.) It will save it with the title you gave the presentation or you can type in your own File Name.)

Then, you can either open a new Google Slide (make sure it has the same page setup) or add a slide to the presentation you used to create the template. Click on Background. Select Choose Image. Select Upload. Choose image to upload. (Go where you saved the JPEG and select it. Click Open.) Click Done. The image is locked as the background. Add text boxes you need and you are ready to go. I hope this makes sense.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Just a guest

Just a guest

Thank you
Old 12-23-2019, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

That is very useful

Coopsgrammy

worksheets
Old 12-23-2019, 02:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

If all else fails, log onto https://www.superteacherworksheets.com/ . When you are in a hurry, this can really help.
Coopsgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote

MightyTeach

Old 12-23-2019, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Iteach2010 - Thank you for the great instructions! I just created a template for my progress monitoring probes! Off to making 2020 an easier year!
Happy Holidays!
MightyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 12-23-2019, 04:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Iíve found that using tables makes worksheet design much easier on Google Docs.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

hiker1

Old 12-23-2019, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thanks for all the replies. I'll attempt to try this out during break. When I"m binge watching Hulu or Netflix. Just kidding, I won't do it until school starts.
hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 12-23-2019, 08:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I create mine daily. I don't make them fancy...kids don't need that. I use google docs and just save them. No pics/fancy font, even for 2nd graders.

IF I want something fancy, I can always find something online, but the quickest way for me is to just type them up myself on google docs.

eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote