Help

National Board Certification

Instructional Context Form Comp 4

>

RastaEmpress

Instructional Context Form Comp 4
Old 12-25-2019, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will be taking components 3 and 4 and need some help. Here is what I have for the instructional context form. Am I on the right track?
Thanks for any and all feedback.

1. Describe the unit.
[The unit is about the earth, moon, sun system, and the properties, structures, and predictable motions of celestial bodies in the Universe]

2. Describe the unit objectives.
[The unit objectives are that students will be able to:
1)use physical and digital models of the Earth-Moon-sun system to gather evidence and construct explanations of why half of the Moon is always dark. They also explore the concept of scale in models (scale, proportion, and quantity).
2)analyze and interpret evidence from a variety of sources-including a physical model, a digital model, and an article to investigate the relationship between the Moon’s orbital motion and the monthly pattern of Moon phases (patterns). Students use what they figure out to collaboratively construct visual models that depict this pattern.
3)analyze and interpret evidence from physical and digital models of the Earth-Moon-sun system (systems and system models) and from an article in order to create visual models and construct evidence-based arguments that explain why lunar eclipses do not happen every time Earth is in between the sun and the Moon.
4)analyze evidence and make oral and written arguments, using what they have learned about lunar eclipses and the Earth-Moon-sun system, to determine whether a planet in a two-star system is likely to have a moon with lunar eclipses (systems and system models.

RastaEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 12-26-2019, 08:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Looks on track.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

RastaEmpress

Old 12-26-2019, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks Zia
RastaEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote