Help

Retired Teachers

Crashing?

>

NancyLee

Crashing?
Old 01-15-2020, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Did anyone feel like they were kind of crashing after they retired? I have been busy since I retired on 12/20 (I had Christmas then went to Colorado for a week, then had a surprise retirement party, have gone back to school one day to help my replacement, etc.) But on the days, like today, when I don't have much planned I just want to sit in front of the tv with a blanket and a cup of coffee and do absolutely nothing. I wouldn't mind if I sat here all day. Or for several days. I guess maybe it's because I haven't established any new routines yet.

NancyLee is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 01-15-2020, 06:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
But on the days, like today, when I don't have much planned I just want to sit in front of the tv with a blanket and a cup of coffee and do absolutely nothing. I wouldn't mind if I sat here all day.
I treasure the unstructured days. I find I have very few—and something usually comes up to relabel the day—but I love days like today when I have not 1 single thing on my calendar. Oh, and I love TV time.

My exercise regimen is very helpful in keeping me from spending too much time loafing (judged by my own standards—I like to loaf nowadays). I walk 5+ miles every day, a long walk in the morning and, if time allows, a short walk in the afternoon.

I love retirement and think we all have to find the balance of activity/relaxation (loafing) that works for us. You’ll find yours, NancyLee.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Crashing
Old 01-15-2020, 09:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes! When I retired I was also moving about 70 miles away. So there was the sale of my house in Austin then the purchase of my home in Temple. Then the move to temporary living quarters. Then installation of a new floor in our home to be. Then the final move. It was crazy!

Then I crashed and relaxed. In fact I had to learn to relax. I love watching TV, especially binge watching a good series. I also read, journal, solve puzzles and do many different kinds of art projects. I love retirement! I think the flexibility of schedule is the best part. No alarm clock on most days. YES!

ENJOY!
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Definitely...
Old 01-15-2020, 01:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I found my last few years of teaching very stressful and pressurized. There was always something that needed to be turned in or worked on. I definitely needed to decompress and crash as you put it, once I was done.
NJ Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Crashing
Old 01-15-2020, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I think you are permitted to have a certain amount of down time after retiring. January is always a blah, cold, curl up with coffee/hot chocolate kind of month where I live in the NE. My retirement was forced with a surgery so I had to slow done at first.

mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote