Help

National Board Certification

ELA-EA- Comp. 2 Non-print work sample

>

FillySkiRah

ELA-EA- Comp. 2 Non-print work sample
Old 01-15-2020, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

One of the responses I need to submit for ELA-EA- Comp. 2 needs to be a non-print example of student work.

We are reading a novel and I was hoping to have my students analyze a character by doing full-body outlines and then filling in the parts of the body with the thoughts, words, actions, and feelings of different characters.

However, since this assignment includes writing out the character analysis within the picture- will this work as a non-print example?

FillySkiRah is offline   Reply With Quote

WhyHello

Old 01-15-2020, 02:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Would it be any different from a print sample if they did it on regular lined paper instead of a poster?

If it's just a normal writing assignment written in the middle of a silhouette, then no, I don't think that works for nonprint.

Here's what your instructions say about what a nonprint sample of student work should look like:

Quote:
(e.g., a drawing, film, speech, presentation, newscast, collage, graph, computer-generated product, or other appropriate technology).
I know the list NBPTS provided isn't prescriptive, of course, but I'm not sure that what you said would count as a drawing. Is there any way to have them do your assignment, and then create some sort of presentation for it? Just a suggestion. Good luck!
WhyHello is offline   Reply With Quote

Sarah1748

C2
Old 01-16-2020, 10:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm EA/ELA certified. For my non-print, I had one student create an advertisement to respond to rhetorical devices (logos/pathos/ethos). There was some writing on the advertisement, but the focus was on using images, colors, etc. to evoke one of the rhetorical devices. So, yes, you can have words, but it should mainly focus on something other than text. Can you require students to use a certain number of visuals to symbolize the character instead of just thoughts/words? Good luck!!
Sarah1748 is offline   Reply With Quote