Help! - ProTeacher Community

65dolphin

Help!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I went to the dr. today and I weigh the most I ever had. The dr. talked to me about losing weight. I know all the right things to do, eating right, exercising, however, doing it and sticking with it seems to be a totally different thing.

Tulips

weight loss
Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
I know all the right things to do, eating right, exercising, however, doing it and sticking with it seems to be a totally different thing.
I agree!

I totally know what to do, but sticking with it is sooooo hard. I used to try changing one thing at a time, for instance less soda, or less sweets. I found that when I just changed everything, it was much easier. I've lost 40 pounds since September. I stopped eating fast food, almost no soda, no fried/greasy foods, I eat very low fat. I've hit a plateau now, I think I need to eat less carbs and more fruits/veggies. That's the next change I plan on making.

Good luck!
Dee

65dolphin

Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Wow, congrats on the weight loss so far! I'm going to make sure I eat regular meals, rather than "grazing" all day. Stress eating has been a biggie for me too. I have a collection of workout dvd's...enough so that I can switch them out and not get bored! I did do better with my eating yesterday, taking it one day at a time! Eating more fruits and veggies seems easier in the summer time, so many good fresh ones out there!

Good luck to you as well!

alicia1teach

Old 05-24-2013, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We started a weight watchers group at school. I have lost 50 lbs in a little over a year. We don't meet during the summer so I'm kind of nervous. There are some websites that can help you journal your food for the day, log your exercise, etc. I have done Nutrisystem in the past but gained once I stopped eating their food. WW has helped me with the accountability because I know I have to weigh in and write it down! It also helps that we have each other to help us be accountable and share in our successes or not so good weeks. If you have a friend that is willing to join you that may help. You could make yourself a chartlet for exercise, drinking your water, getting in all of your fruit/veggie servings, etc. and treat yourself (nonfood of course) when you reach a certain goal or habit. It is so hard and it definitely takes a lot of work! I keep thinking of how much I have left to lose but I have to remind myself of how far I have come! I'm half way there so I guess that means I'm on the downslope!

65dolphin

Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have joined My Fitness Pal, I like that you can do it online and on your phone and it's free! I have a close friend that is a good support system, so that helps.