The Inviting Classroom Door Contest Entries

>

Staff

Editor

Staff
The Inviting Classroom Door Contest Entries
Old 08-27-2013, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Here are all the wonderful entries from our 2013 Inviting Classroom Door Contest. Thanks to everyone who shared their doors!

MissC83

VIP Entrance
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Welcome to my Hollywood themed room!

I created a VIP entrance with all of the students' names on the wall (they put their autograph on a star), several window clings on the thin door window (microphones, Broadway signs, stars, etc), and a red carpet on the outside of the door. I used "VIP Entrance" border (it's similar to Caution tape) around the autograph wall.
I also created a banner to hang above the doorway. (Note: my name is blurred out)

On the inside of the door, I displayed black and white pictures of each student doing their best Hollywood pose! They loved it and looked great!

Thanks for checking out my door!
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

hockey6882

We're Bananas for Kindergarten!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'll admit I love Despicable Me, so when the sequel came out around the time I was trying to figure out what to put on my door, the only thing that came to mind was minions. I used a coloring book page to make patterns. I cut the bodies, eyes, and goggles out of card stock. The overalls from construction paper. After gluing all together, I added some different hair styles and voila minions! I did put my student's names on them once my class list was set. I used my Cricut to make the letters and added banana cut outs.
Attachment

♥theColts

Be Gone Before Someone Drops a House on You!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My door was designed to go along with my classroom theme. I'm especially proud of it because my dh and ds1 helped me, and because I've never seen a classroom door anything like it. It's an original! We used actual siding (applied with a factory-type tape) and we built an overhang with cardboard and actual roofing shingles. I hope you like the outcome.
Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Czechgirl

Czech Out My Door
Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am very proud of my Czech heritage. I have been teaching for 20 years. After using many different themes to decorate my classroom, I thought it would be neat to tie my classroom decor to my Czech heritage. One can not simply go to a teacher supply store and buy Czech bulletin board boarders or other classroom decor supplies. I searched for many days for a trim/ribbon/fabric that had a Czech costume pattern that matched the traditional Czech costume. The material I found at a local fabric store was perfect because I felt I could cut it in strips thin or thick. The fabric and border used on the door is the same fabric and border used throughout my classroom. I wanted the students to get a feel of the classroom before entering the classroom. Since I bought fabric, everything on the door and in my classroom was handmade. I placed a curtain on my classroom window. I have it tied in ribbon all the time. However, I untie the ribbon when our school is having a lock down. The poster is trimmed in the Czech border while the poster states our school's expectations. We are a PBIS school. The smaller red sheet with the black border states our school-district mission.

Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

teach2heart

Rolling Out the Red Carpet
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

When I did my Hollywood theme, there wasn't much out there for Hollywood. I liked the idea of a red carpet, so I knew that I wanted to incorporate that. I decided to hand draw my own oscar. I printed them on gold sparkly paper. Then I added the students' names.
Attachment

msteacher11

Texting in the new year.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I found this door on pinterest and fell in love! It translates to say, "Books are like really long text messages." The students and adults alike love the door and think it's super fun! The colors are fun and welcoming and my goal was to draw the kids attention into the classroom. It has worked so far! The first time everyone sees the door, they stop and try to "translate" the text style message. The door even won a door contest in my school! It's a winner! The only problem now, is creating a door for next year to top this one!!
Attachment

507jungle

We're on a Safari!
Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It's a jungle in my classroom and what better way to enter than 20 red jeeps driven by the most welcoming monkeys. Each jeep has the students name as they meander down the windy bumpy road to enter the classroom. Students from all classes stop to see who is brave enough to enter the jungle!
Attachment

Firebelly

Our Story of Woe
Old 09-15-2013, 11:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

At the beginning of the school year, we bought two mice as classroom pets. After a student vote, the mice were named Romeo and Juliet. Unfortunately, both died just days apart during spring break. So after break, I read a shortened version of Shakespeare's story and the students helped me create this door.

They used a rectangular sponge which was dipped in paint and then pressed onto white paper to created the stone walls. One student created both the Juliet and Romeo mouse which were cut out and taped into place. I pleated brown paper to create a trunk for the tree and students helped me scrunch and rip the edges of green paper which was then hung from the ceiling with fishing line as foliage. Another student cut out the door (mouse height) and attached it to the real door. Two students wrote obituaries for each of the mice which were then posted on either side of the famous Shakespeare words, "For never was a story of more woe, than this of Juliet and her Romeo".

The obituary for Juliet read: Juliet M. Mouse. Passed on Tuesday of Spring Break. Juliet M. Mouse lived in a cage with Romeo H. Mouse (who also died). She was a nice mouse although she bit people. She is well missed here at ________ Elementary School. We send her much love up in mouse heaven.

The obituary for Romeo read: Romeo H. Mouse. Passed on Monday of Spring Break. Romeo H. Mouse lived in a cage with Juliet M. Mouse (who also died). Romeo never bit people. He was a nice mouse. He is well missed here at __________ Elementary School. We send him much love up in mouse heaven.
Attachment

Puckthecat

Come one, come all!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

A classroom can feel like a circus at times, one day it's wild and crazy and the next it's filled with delightful shows of talent. I made this Welcome Back door for the enjoyment of the students but hoped to inspire a chuckle in the staff who understand the versatility of what may lie beyond that door. Each student is a performer, and has their time in the spotlight to shine, so they're listed as featured acts. The classroom is a self-contained special ed classroom for students with eb/d and I believe that making a student feel like they Belong is the first step in helping them. So, their names are displayed not only to let others know who is in the room, but to also say to the students listed "this is your room." And of course, the welcome sign is to say to everyone "Come one, come all! Everyone is welcome." I was inspired by vintage circus posters.

Attachment