Paraprofessionals

So discouraged

>

Catgirl72

Catgirl72

So discouraged
Old 10-14-2015, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I got seriously chewed out by our IT department today, they are sending it higher and I might get an actual reprimand for my troubles too. Along with being the Receptionist I'm in charge of maintaining the school web site. I've been trying to get all the staff to update their information on the website and have sent them detailed instructions once a week for the past month. Out of 32 staff members that still needed to update I have finally gotten less than 10 to go. Today 2 of them couldn't do it so I told them to come up and I would help them from my computer. I was logged in as the admin and we created their accounts and then boom, they were up and I thought that was that. Then I got a nasty email from our IT department saying that I was NOT allowed to do that and I'm opening up the opportunities for security issues and blah blah blah. I immediately called and spoke to IT and apologized as I didn't mean to cause problems and they chewed me out. Then another nasty email goes out and this time people high up in the food chain are copied on it.

You know, they hired me as the receptionist after they had the official trainings on the website in July. I became the receptionist in August. I've had to basically figure all this website stuff out on my own. I am doing the best I can!

twin2

Old 10-15-2015, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Relax. Get the nasties out of the way, and someone will have to see that this was not your fault. You are not an IT person. You were hired after the official training. You were just trying to do your job. Seriously, I would not worry about it. Can you go to administration with this? Most of the time, from what I have seen, administration will side with their staff. It might even be a good idea to ask for more specifics as to what you can and cannot do - define your job duties so to speak.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

You might ask your administration
Old 01-03-2016, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

to request that you receive the training that you missed and has not been made available to you.

If your boss was not copied the nasty email, forward a copy. You never want your principal to get called on matters they know nothing about. I gave my principal heads on on stuff that never hit his/her desk, but a few things did and they didn't get ambushed. Made me look good for saving them.

Sounds like IT is having a crabby day or doing a CYA--blaming you for training they have not made available to new employees.
broomrider is online now   Reply With Quote