how to tell the school that I am quitting! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Paraprofessionals

how to tell the school that I am quitting!

>

achala

how to tell the school that I am quitting!
Old 09-29-2016, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all,
I am a new para to an intermediate autism class. I've been on the job for about one month and I am miserable. The teacher I work with is very very difficult to say the least! He doesn't give me any breathing space. I mainly work with a non verbal kid. After working for 30-45 minutes on tasks, one kid gets a five minute computer break. During that time, I try to arrange materials for the next session and give the next task to another non-verbal kid (I just have to manage this child's activities and bathroom breaks as another para works with him). Anyways, during that short prep time, the teacher reminds me a few times to take the child off the computer. I rush from sessions to sessions with flustered cheeks and a very fast beating heart Today, I told the teacher that I need a few minutes to think and arrange materials. He got very angry and told me to stop lecturing him!
He is passive aggressive as well (he hides my data folders when not happy with me!).
Anyways, I've had enough! I have decided to quit!
I feel so shameful to tell the administration. I hate to let down my kids and the super nice people who hired me ((
How to go forward? Is there a time period (like 30 day notice) before I can quit? This is my first para job ever. How will this affect my future employment? Please advise!!!

Thanks in advance !
~miserable girl

achala is offline   Reply With Quote